I have strange dreams. Now and then, I remember one of them quite clearly for a long time, though more typically, they fade as soon as I wake up.
Last night’s dreams were particularly vivid. A full day has passed and I still remember them clearly. It wasn’t one dream but two in a row, both about animals. Not my furry children. Wild animals with whom, to the best of my knowledge, I am unacquainted.
I dreamed about an elephant, an old elephant who communicated with me telepathically. He told me he was tired. He wanted to die. It was his time to rest. Next came a big bear from the woods. Just to visit me. He laid down next to me on the sofa and hugged me.
The bear was wearing a navy blue sweatshirt. Where do dreams come from? I know the theories, psychological, paranormal and upside down and none of them quite fits.
Dreams seem to combine bits of reality, mythology, memories, and books I’ve recently read. Images combine in odd ways, yet I always wake with a strong feeling that there’s something important that I want to know, but it eludes me.
Maybe some day, the key will come with the dreams. The lock will turn and many secrets will transform into knowledge.
Or maybe not.
- Polar bears, brown bears interbred during warm periods. Is it happening again? (+video) (csmonitor.com)
- Zoo Director Talks Options For Elephants (wibw.com)
- Religious fervor drives elephant slaughter (manfly.wordpress.com)
- Meet Ilzite, the living teddy bear (time4sleep.com)
- Face to Face With a Bear… Now What?! (fox8.com)
- Big and Beautiful by Henrik Nilsson (500px.com)
- Climate Change May Push Polar Bears to Interbreed with Brown Bears (naturenplanet.com)
- Ancient Warming May Have Reunited Polar and Brown Bears, for a Bit (livescience.com)