Since this is Thanksgiving in the USA this week, I thought I would celebrate all week. There is only one question this week and here it is. I haven’t made a list like this in a long time. I used to do it fairly frequently. I hope you want to play along!
List at least 50 Things You Enjoy. Here are some categories to inspire your thinking.
- Web Sites
- Famous lines from books/movies.
I have too many things to list individually and too many categories. Or not enough. Sometimes there is a thin line between the two.
I’ve had to give some thought to this to see if I could stay focused on important stuff and not end up with a list full of trivia.
Stuff I Do
- Laughing with people I love (You know who you are and I couldn’t live, wouldn’t want to live, without you.)
- Listening to audiobooks
- Taking pictures
- Hanging out with dogs
- Movies and television and anything Star Trek, or with horses.
- Japanese food and Wanakura
- Chinese food
- Gretchen Archer
- James Lee Burke
- Kim Harrison
- Jim Butcher
- Jasper Fforde
- Douglas Adams
- And many others, too numerous to name!
Let Music Fill the Air!
- Folk music
- Country music
- Classical music, especially orchestral and piano
- The Beatles
- Tom Paxton
- Judy Collins
- Credence Clearwater Revival
- Really, that’s just the tip of a huge iceberg of music.
- Crystallized ginger
- Salty, crunchy things
- Spicy things
- Hot pepper jelly
- English muffins
- And more and more and more!
- Pretty much anything with fur or feathers!
- Science fiction
- Urban fantasy
- Anything that makes me laugh
- Police procedurals
- Time travel
Oops, out of room. You see what I mean? But it could also be just a few things … because I like reading and that covers all the genres, authors, audiobooks, and everything else. There are so many way to do this.
Rather than saying I love books or reading, I could say I love that little crackle a brand new books makes when you first open in and that whiff of printer’s ink.
I should mention that not only do I love taking pictures, but I love cameras. And autumn, because that’s my favorite time to take pictures.
I could start naming all the people I love, one at a time and probably run out of room before I got to anything else. Or start listing favorite movies and TV shows. I never even got to them and I have a whole bunch of movies and shows I love.
There is a lot to love in this world of ours, in this period of time we call life. I’m glad to still be here, on this earth, in this world, with all of you.