I’m not sure how much more anyone could possibly want to know about me. I suspect this post may wander far into the realm of “too much information.”
However, suzie81′s Blog suggested these questions. They’re interesting and I’ve never answered anything quite like them before. And why not, eh?
1. Why have you chosen your blog name?
I’ve always loved the word “serendipity” and the way it feels between my teeth. It’s a very satisfying word and it’s so me!
2. When you have an hour of free-time, what do you do?
I’m always doing something. Reading for a review, listening — for other reviews. Taking pictures, processing pictures. Writing my blog, reading other blogs. But I’ve always been busy. Idle time is a frame without a picture — my job to fill it up. This is not a complaint. I like the stuff I do. All of it. Except paying the bills.
3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what would it be?
I want my 66-year old head, but I’d be happy with my 16-year old body. Put them together? What a gal!
4. If you could learn to do something, what would it be?
I’d like to learn to use my Wacom Tablet. It’s the first computer gadget that has defeated me.
5. What would be the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
I wouldn’t buy anything. I’d pay my bills. I’d do my best to finally, at long last, be entirely debt free. Forever.
6. What is the thing that makes you absolutely unique?
The number of chronic conditions and diseases that coexist in my body simultaneously. I may hold the international record for major surgeries and near-death experiences. Also talking to God — or someone doing a really good impersonation of a deity.
7. What is your favourite blog?
I’m glad you asked! I know this is off the beaten path, but allow me to introduce you to: Tallhwch ~ The pursuit of history using the newest and most creative methods necessary. This is a blog that focuses (mainly) on the British Isles between 500 and 700 AD, “the Arthurian period.” Those were the real dark ages for which little solid archeological evidence exists. Reading his posts is my dessert, my reward. I save them for last and read them until I’ve got each post almost memorized. Better yet? If I ask him to write about a particular subject, he will research and write about it, just for me. Isn’t that fantastic?
I read a lot of blogs. Many of you make me laugh, others make me cry. All of you inspire me, make me think about things I might otherwise never consider. Tallhwch tells me stories of hidden history and magic and mysteries. I love it too much.
That’s it. Seems like either too much or not quite enough. You can judge.
I encourage you to do your own self interview. Check out suzie81′s Blog for yourself. Maybe you’ll find out something about yourself you didn’t know.
- The Dragon Duel (Tallhwch.wordpress.com)
- 1 Interview, 5 truths, 1 Lie (rarasaur.wordpress.com)
- Questions, Questions, Questions. Tell Me About You! (suzie81.wordpress.com)
- Word game! (loveofwords.net)
- A Candle in the Darkest Age – Worlds of Arthur by Guy Halsall (teepee12.com)