I live in a small town in the middle of a lovely valley. Someone asked me what there is to do around here, which got me to thinking about all the cool things there are do in our town.
I realized this was going to be a very short post.
Here’s the list of cool things to do in Uxbridge, Massachusetts. Note: Everything except number 2 are warm weather activities.
- Walk the to the middle of town. Watch the water flow over the dam on the Mumford River.
- Attend a pancake breakfast at the fire house.
- If it’s not winter, go to yard sales. Find bargains. Buy some.
- In summer, go to a drive in. Bring lawn chairs. Sit outside and watch a double bill.
That’s it. But the scenery is really lovely everywhere in all four seasons, so it’s a great place to take walks and photographs. We have a lot of churches. And you can go to orchards, pick your own apples and even cut down your own Christmas tree. Sometimes, you can watch the wild turkeys attack your car. You can’t do that in a big city!
- A wild turkey surprise (memosforme.wordpress.com)
- Wild Turkeys Take Over East Bay Town (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Wild Turkeys Running Loose in East Bay Town, Parents Keeping Kids Indoors (blogs.sfweekly.com)
- Why Not . . . Have a Yard Sale? (thesimplyluxuriouslife.com)
- Daily Prompt: Local Flavor (daddysnaughtylittlegirl.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Local Flavor: Welcome To Tennessee (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- A little local flavor (thelissachronicles.wordpress.com)