It is on rare occasion that a connection is available to the creator of an award. This time the beginning link in a chain of unknown number of recipients is Subtle Kate.
In Kate’s own words on June 28, 2012, “I would like to start a new award. It’s called the Daisy Award. Daisy’s are very sweet flowers, but they are stealth with hardiness. They’ll come up anywhere and beat the frost. This award is for the brave.”
So without further ado, these are the rules to follow:
Thank the person who nominated you.
This is the easiest part. I keep finding myself thanking Sharla, (Awakenings and CatnipOfLife). Sharla, you have become so much a part of my life it’s hard to explain to people who someone who I’ve never met face to face could become so interwoven with my life. You are the best, you really are. Hugs and thanks fly over the miles, from me to you!
Tell your readers seven unusual things about yourself.
What can I tell you that you don’t already know? I think by now I’ve told everybody everything. But let’s see how these fly:
- I am a peculiar combination of sentimental, tough, sympathetic, empathetic and impatient. All at the same time. I love and admire people who laugh in the face of disaster but cry at reruns of Flipper.
- I love survivors and people who share the good in their lives while trying to spare others from pain.
- I appreciate that while I’ve had a rough time, others have had worse.
- I’m a risk taker and whenever I take a risk, I’m scared to death. My motto is “What the Hell; do it anyhow!”
- I don’t believe that any of us deserve medals for doing the best we can with whatever hand we’ve been dealt. That’s what you are supposed to do. Life can be messy and unfair. No one gets a free ride.
- I’m a fighter, even when I know I can’t win. I figure it’s better to lose then give up while letting the fates use you as a soccer ball.
- I am a relentless student of everything and when I stop learning, it will be because I’m no longer breathing.
Nominate several worthy bloggers.
This award is for the brave … and I think I’m choosing rightly.
For Jenny Threet at Rumpy Dog who fights a never-ending battle to try to protect our furry friends in the face of ignorance and indifference.
For Jordan Rich at Jordan Rich, a man who has a been a friend and supporter of every kind of worthy cause, donated his time, his celebrity, and personal resources to help everyone to the best of his ability. Which I might add is considerable. He has his own problems and faces them with courage and honor and without complaint. The Jordan Rich Show airs Friday and Saturday nights, from midnight until 5AM on WBZ AM 1030AM and WCCO Minneapolis.
- Daisy Award, for you and for me! (catnipoflife.wordpress.com)
- Daisy Award, for you and for me! (clairecappetta.wordpress.com)