“If your day-to-day responsibilities were taken care of and you could throw yourself completely behind a cause, what would it be?”
The answer is … I wouldn’t. In the immortal words of Phil Ochs, “I ain’t marchin’ anymore.”
I marched against war and for peace.
I marched for civil rights.
I campaigned for universal health care and free care for anyone who needs it.
I marched against evil and for justice all my life and now, it’s time for a younger generation with better feet and hips to do the marching. I’m not sure, after all that marching whether or not I even accomplished anything … other than to make denim a fashion fabric.
I have discovered that the world spins on its axis and night follows day whether or not I march.
Good luck. Take sandwiches and something to drink.
- Daily Prompt: Blogger With a Cause (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: My name is Marilyn. I’m a teepee. (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt: A little sneaky but more than a bit odd (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt: These Shoes Were Made for Looking Cute (teepee12.com)
- Steeple in Black and White (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt: Night in the City (teepee12.com)
- Tree Against the Sky (teepee12.com)
- Pasture for Percherons (teepee12.com)
- Garry Armstrong on Martin Luther King (teepee12.com)
- The Mountains Stood In Haze, Emily Dickenson (teepee12.com)