Today, from Emily Guido – The Light-Bearer Series, I climbed that final hurdle and now I have all six stars! Friends, you don’t have to give me any more because I am full up. All my stars are shining brightly in my personal heaven and I am more than overwhelmed at the quantity and quality of the gifts I’ve received.
I received my very first star for the Blog of the Year Award from Tyson at Head in a Vice , then the second from Sharla at CatnipOfLife, the third from Bette Stevens at 4WRITERSANDREADERS … a fourth from Sharla via her second blog (talk about ambitious, I can barely keep up with one blog, much less two), Awakenings … I’m all the was up to five stars. Until a few minutes ago. Wow.
It’s amazing to me to have gotten any awards, but six stars is spectacular and deeply appreciated. I’m not sure I deserve it, but it has turned out to be the high points (five high points) of this otherwise rather difficult holiday season.
I wish to give all of you my personal favorite award because there are absolutely NO requirements attached to it. It’s the “Don’t Do A Damned Thing, I just Like Your Blog Award.” You may distribute this one ad lib to anyone you enjoy reading. It’s my favorite. No strings, no rules, just a “Hey, I like you” from a fellow blogger.
Today was the day the world was supposed to end, but it being the Winter Solstice, while not the end of the world, it was the shortest day of the year, the official beginning of winter, and heralds the beginning of the lengthening of the days and ultimately, the return of the sun and a tentative hope that spring will come.
I am going to take a page from Emily’s playbook and give all the awards I need to give out to everyone at the same time. You may display your badges, distribute these to whoever you please now or when you find you actually have a few minutes (or need something to write about!). I am suffering from an embarrassment of riches and feel both flattered, flattened, and overwhelmed.
Awards you are getting (try not to hyperventilate):
From Emily Guido at The Light Bearer, I also received these awards. Some I have gotten before, but the REALITY Blog Award is a new one and rather nice. I think I know what it means, which helps. There’s at least one here that I am not sure what it means, but it has a very cool badge.
Feel free to give everything to the usual suspects. When I first started getting awards, I searched far and wide, cast a big net,, looking for interesting recipients. Then, one day, I realized that I wanted to give awards to those blogs that I actually visit frequently, some every day, some at least a few times a week. These are the blogs that mean something to me, that give me ideas, inspire me, inform me and all that stuff. I particularly want to thank anyone who has made me laugh recently. You have NO idea how much I need that!!!!
I’ve gotten a whole Santa’s pack full of recognition … and my world brighter. Thank you again.
For those of you for whom this will add that important sixth star to you 2012 Blog of the Year Award, that’s one of the reasons I’m giving it to you, so you can end your year on a high note. A full six stars to shine in your personal heaven. Cool, eh? If you haven’t quite made it to six, well, I have tried my best and you surely have at least 3 or 4 … from me, if no one else!
There is also this one, about which I know absolutely nothing, but it’s very cool looking. Whatever it means.
There is definitely something to be said about this virtual world of ours: it is a world of sharing, caring and preparing: Sharing around the world, Caring for others, Preparing for the future. Whatever endeavor you are engaged in at the present moment or seek in days to come, there is always someone willing to tell you his or her story which will in provide a beacon of light down a sometimes dark highway.
You may choose to display all of these, or some of them. I figure the more the merrier. Why not? Throughout the first 64 years of my life, I got absolutely NO recognition for anything I did, so if the cup overfloweth a bit now, hey, why not? Pity none of these come with a nice fat check, but you can’t have everything.
I have the rules for the Blog of the Year 2012 and I figure that you’ll just wing it on the others. By now, you pretty much know the way these work, so do whatever it is you do and enjoy having lots of cool badges on your site! The rules for Blog of the year are pretty simple and since ALL of you have gotten it at least once, probably more times, you could recite along with me if you like:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
- Write a blog post and name/tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page Blog of the Year 2012 Award and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!).
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
- You can now also join The Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars.
Because this is an award that you “collect” and get multiple times, I’m going to give it back to people who I know have gotten it before, but who I’m reasonably sure don’t have all six stars yet. I may be wrong, but I think so.
You are people whose work I follow. You mean something to me. You make me laugh, make me feel, make me think, teach me stuff. Some of you suggest ideas, movies, or books to read, watch, or learn, technology, cameras and accessories I might want. Some of you champion causes important to me … and some of you are living lives I wish were mine. Many more of you are living lives a lot like mine and I empathize and sympathize with you. You make me feel less alone.
All of you have touched me. It may not matter a lot to you, but it makes a big difference to me.
For those of you are getting this award again and need one of the other versions with a different number of stars, I’m including (thank you again Sharla) all six of the award medallions at the bottom of this post.
Since I got this fifth star today, I’m going to pass it along to people who to whom I gave it before, but who I’m pretty sure don’t yet have their sixth stars (no, not me … I can’t give it to myself and I wouldn’t if I could … Jeez):
- Sunday Night Blog: A WordPress.com site by Rich Paschall
- Rumpy Dog: A dog with a blog read round the world
- Hot Rod Cowgirl: Riding Through Life One Horse At A Time…Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling Up Anyway!
- Head In A Vice: Movie reviews – because everyone is entitled to my opinion
- Eagle-Eyed Editor
- Mike’s Film Talk
- Living and Lovin
- Fortyteen Candles
- Jo Ashline – A Sweet Dose of Truth
- My Favorite Westerns
- ATMTX PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG Urban Landscape + Lifestyle Photography
- Beasley Green: Write up my street
- Northwest Photos: Bob Mielke
Feel no obligation to do anything beyond your comfort zone. I know the holidays are on us and if you are anything like me, you don’t have time to spare. Do whatever feels good to you and don’t feel obliged beyond that. I may take a week off blogging altogether after this: I’ve got so much to do, I finally feel like if I don’t give myself a break, I’m going to break.
May your holidays be bright, may all good things come to you and yours. May we all move into the New Year with joy and purpose, overcoming all the problems that assail us and coming out the other side.
Revel in the season! Be happy whatever it is you celebrate … and may you enjoy everything you can in any way that brings you peace and joy.
- Blogger of the Year 2012 Nomination? Wow… (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- Blog of the Year 2012 Award Nomination – WOW! (poemattic.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year! (hisbelovedsubmissive.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year 2012 award, thanks ‘R’HubBlog! (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Blog of The Year 2012-Three Stars (positiveboomer.net)
- Blog of the Year 2012 award, thanks Carolyn, magdalena, smoothsolidade, Rebecca, Morrighan, Bette! (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year 2012 – I’ve been nominated! (spookymrsgreen.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year 2012 (feedthepiglet.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (cookingforthechemicallysensitive.wordpress.com)
- More Stars!!! (myownheart.me)