It’s like an early warning system. It’s not really cold enough for snow to stick around, though it’s cold enough after the sun goes down to cling to tree branches and unpaved surfaces.
Like powdered sugar dropped on our cake, the world is lightly covered in white. It’s not the real thing and it will be gone by afternoon. Not enough to shovel or even to disrupt traffic, but it’s a bell ringing that says “winter is on the way … ” Shake out the sweaters, find last year’s boots and coats. It’s coming … but for now, it’s just a nudge, a suggestion, a hint of what lies ahead.
- Photos: Snow Dusting (secondhalfwoman.wordpress.com)
- Saturday: Dusting (writingthegirl.wordpress.com)
- A Little Snow… (boston.cbslocal.com)
- snow (gennyalexander.typepad.com)
- PIRELLI x Burton Ion Snow Boots (freshnessmag.com)