I could not resist the opportunity to join the Sisterhood of World Bloggers. It’s not for the award, though awards are nice. It’s for the pleasure of sisterhood, something in which I believe with my whole heart. Throughout my life, my greatest supports and warmest relationships … and my most long-lasting relationships … have been with women.
Women have supported me, encouraged me, consoled me, and protected me. They have commiserated and rejoiced with me during the best and worst of times. I would be honored to be part of such a group. I am, not surprisingly, hoping to link up through my fine friend Sharla Shults at CatnipOfLife … a woman who deserves all the honors she gets and more.
There are rules for this award which are basically the same as for most any blog award received. The last part, deciding on recipients for this award, is exceptionally difficult. How does one choose from all those who have visited and provided support for catnipoflife? To me, you are all my ‘sisters’ (of course, there are ‘brothers’ too but their honor will need to come in a different form). For a sisterhood, why should some be selected while others are left out? Since there is no other criteria for selection other than choice and even though this is not exactly the intention of the rules, it is the decision of catnipoflife:
All of my ‘Sisters’ are Welcome to the
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers!
Acceptance is contingent upon the following:
- Leave a comment that you would like to be a member of the Sisterhood.
- Grab the badge for posting to your blog, thank whoever gave you this award and provide a link to her blogsite.
- Answer the following 10 questions in your blog posting.
- Nominate and provide the links to 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read OR follow the same procedure as Catnip and I have used. [If you choose to bestow the award on special sisters, be sure to kindly let the recipients know they have been invited into the sisterhood.]
- Return here as soon as your posting is complete to provide a link to your blogsite. Those links will be added to this posting as comments of completion are received.
Here are the 10 Questions
- What is your favorite colour? Red
- What is your favorite animal? Dogs but I could as easily say horses, cats, tigers, lions, or ferrets … If it’s furry and four-footed, I love it!
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Coffee!!
- Facebook or Twitter? Neither. Can you email me at email@example.com?
- What is your favorite pattern? Black Watch Tartan
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Giving unless it’s something really cool🙂
- What is your favorite number? 18, which in Hebrew means ” Chai” or life.
- What is your favorite day of the week? Wednesday because that’s the day the social security checks come in.
- What is your favorite flower? Lilacs
- What is your passion? Reading, writing, and photography … and learning. Because learning is living and when you stop learning, you stop really being alive. Thus I have always been.
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award (clairecappetta.wordpress.com)
- Sisterhood of The Word Bloggers Award : Yipee!!! (siegmom29.wordpress.com)
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award (catnipoflife.wordpress.com)
- I now pronounce the Sunshine Sisterhood Award! (cloudywithachanceofwine.com)
- Sisterhood of The World Bloggers Award Nomination – WOW ! Thank you !! (paulamariemills.wordpress.com)
- Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award (laborpain.wordpress.com)