I just got my fifth star from Eunice at Living and Lovin:Living Life surrounded by all I love. PEACE. Thank you I am extremely grateful and touched. I didn’t expect it and I’m not sure I deserve it, but it’s great to have it!
I also received the Blog of the Year Award from Tyson at Head in a Vice , then from Sharla at CatnipOfLife, another from Bette Stevens at 4WRITERSANDREADERS … and yet one more from Sharla via her second blog (talk about ambitious, I can barely keep up with one blog, much less two), Awakenings … I’m all the way up to five stars.
It’s amazing to me to have gotten any awards, but a fifth star is really special and deeply appreciated. I’m not sure I deserve it, but it has turned out to be the high points (five high points) of this otherwise rather difficult holiday season.
Today was the day the world was supposed to end, but it being the Winter Solstice, it actually was the shortest day of the year, which is not the end of the world, just the official beginning of winter … and ironically, the beginning of the lengthening of the days, the shortest day, the longest night … but also, the beginning of the return of the sun and a hope that spring will come again.
It’s no coincidence that Christmas … Yuletide falls approximately on the Solstice. Every religion, every culture celebrates the solstices as well as the equinoxes. Christianity, as it was developing, adopted an “easier to join them than fight them” attitude … as had every other religion and culture before it. It doesn’t make the holiday less meaningful, it just lets people celebrating at a time that feels familiar, comfortable.
I still have a lot to do. All the wrapping, the grocery shopping. Our trip to visit friends after Christmas just got called off due to illness … hopefully just delayed. I find myself not feeling the magic. Not feeling festive. Tragedies in the news, close friends sick, one family member passing … and a serious scarcity of money have all combined to make this a dreary excuse for what is usually a fun time of year.
And then someone gives me a little star … a bit of recognition … and the world is just that much brighter. Thank you again.
There is definitely something to be said about this virtual world of ours: it is a world of sharing, caring and preparing: Sharing around the world, Caring for others, Preparing for the future. Whatever endeavor you are engaged in at the present moment or seek in days to come, there is always someone willing to tell you his or her story which will in provide a beacon of light down a sometimes dark highway.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple and easy:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award.
- Write a blog post and name/tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page Blog of the Year 2012 Award and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!).
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
- You can now also join The Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars.
Because this is an award that you can “collect” and get many times, I’m going to give it back to people who I know have gotten it before, but who I’m reasonably sure don’t have all six stars yet. I may be wrong, but I think so.
You are people whose work I follow. You mean something to me. You make me laugh, make me feel, make me think, teach me stuff. Some of you suggest ideas, movies, or books to read, watch, or learn, technology, cameras and accessories I might want. Some of you champion causes important to me … and some of you are living lives I wish were mine. Many more of you are living lives a lot like mine and I empathize and sympathize with you. You make me feel less alone.
All of you have touched me. It may not matter a lot to you, but it makes a big difference to me.
For those of you are getting this award again and need one of the other versions with a different number of stars, I’m including (thank you again Sharla) all six of the award medallions at the bottom of this post.
Since I got this fifth star today, I’m going to pass it along to people who to whom I gave it before, but who I’m pretty sure don’t yet have their sixth stars (no, not me … I can’t give it to myself and I wouldn’t if I could … Jeez):
- Sunday Night Blog: A WordPress.com site by Rich Paschall
- Rumpy Dog: A dog with a blog read round the world
- Hot Rod Cowgirl: Riding Through Life One Horse At A Time…Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling Up Anyway!
- Head In A Vice: Movie reviews – because everyone is entitled to my opinion
- The Light-Bearer Series: Emily Guido
- Eagle-Eyed Editor
- Mike’s Film Talk
- Jo Ashline — A Sweet Dose of Truth
- My Favorite Westerns
- ATMTX PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG Urban Landscape + Lifestyle Photography
- Beasley Green: Write up my street
- Northwest Photos: Bob Mielke
Feel no obligation to do anything beyond your comfort zone. I know the holidays are on us and if you are anything like me, you don’t have time to spare. Do whatever feels good to you and don’t feel obliged beyond that. I may take a week off blogging altogether after this: I’ve got so much to do, I finally feel like if I don’t give myself a break, I’m going to break.
May your holidays be bright, may all good things come to you and yours. May we all move into the New Year with joy and purpose, overcoming all the problems that assail us and coming out the other side.
Revel in the season! Be happy whatever it is you celebrate … and may you enjoy everything you can in any way that brings you peace and joy.
- Blogger of the Year 2012 Nomination? Wow… (mikesfilmtalk.com)
- Blog of the Year 2012 Award Nomination – WOW! (poemattic.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year! (hisbelovedsubmissive.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year 2012 award, thanks ‘R’HubBlog! (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Blog of The Year 2012-Three Stars (positiveboomer.net)
- Blog of the Year 2012 award, thanks Carolyn, magdalena, smoothsolidade, Rebecca, Morrighan, Bette! (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year 2012 – I’ve been nominated! (spookymrsgreen.wordpress.com)
- Blog of the Year 2012 (feedthepiglet.wordpress.com)