These pictures tell the tale. Last year, the FedEx guy was so terrified by our dogs he broke our fence vaulting it to get away from these fierce canines. He was apparently also afraid of white-haired women because when I went out to talk to him, he ran away from me, too. I’m sure that Bonnie and Nan were delighted. They have been trying to terrify someone their whole lives and finally succeeding must have been deeply satisfying. Better than biscuits.
So now, we have a sign because a strapping six-foot delivery guy was scared to death by our two terriers. The UPS guy simply brings biscuits. I realized against all logic and reason, we need to warn people that we have dangerous, life-threatening beasts in our yard. On the up side, maybe they will think twice before opening the gate.
- Prompts for the Promptless – Ep. 6 – Counterintuition (rarasaur.wordpress.com)
- Prompts for the Promptless – Ep. 6 – Counterintuition (cognitivereflection.wordpress.com)
- Embrace the counterintuitive (davidhieatt.typepad.com)
- Counterintuitive (snohomishobserver.com)
- The Allure of the Counterintuitive (theamericanscholar.org)
- Might Seem Counterintuitive (brainiac-conspiracy.typepad.com)
- A Counterintuitive Approach to Finding a Job (teenscareerhandbook.wordpress.com)