This is both what I want and have in my life. It’s not everything, but it’s been a full life. I’m old enough to have attained the things most important to me. And not. It depends on how one looks at it. The difference between success and failure, contentment or emptiness can be your attitude. This is not to say that there are no real losses. Of course there are. Deaths, partings, endings are inevitable, but they don’t define our life, however painful they are. Nor are we defined by the worst things that have happened to us.
I’ve done most of the stuff I wanted to do, been most places I wanted to go. I took chances. Sometimes the risks paid off. Other times, the results were unfortunate. I regret the chances I never took far more than those I took that didn’t work out.
Look at your life, see good times and happy memories — or focus on failure and losses. Life is never all joy or entirely miserable. There are good times and bad. We all fail. We all succeed. Life is like a baseball season, made up of wins and losses.
We have ultimate freedom to choose which is more important and how we evaluate the balance. In this one thing, we answer only to ourselves.
– – –
- ForThePromptless – S. 2, Ep. 2 – Vision Board (rarasaur.wordpress.com)
- ForThePromptless: Vision Board (livelovelaughdancepray.wordpress.com)
- Prompts for the Promptless – Ep. 10 – Saudade (teepee12.com)
- Prompts for the Promptless – Ep. 10 – Saudade: Remembering Mom (teepee12.com)
- Prompts for the Promptless, Season 2, Episode 1: Other Self (starvingactivist.wordpress.com)
- Prompts for the Promptless – Ep. 9 – Gallows Humor: Dying Is Easy (Comedy Is Hard) (teepee12.com)
- Prompts for the Promptless – What’s A Litmus? (teepee12.com)