The Mumford is one of the major tributaries of the Blackstone. It, as well as the Blackstone, run right through the middle of Uxbridge. Can you spell flooding? Between the main Mumford and the old Bernat Mill runs a tiny canal. It has its own locks, even though it is no more than a dozen feet wide along most of its length.
- China to Build New Canal in Nicaragua (drudge.com)
- Farms in the Valley (teepee12.com)
- By Train Through the Valley… Photos by Owen Kraus (teepee12.com)
- Abandoned Along the Tracks (teepee12.com)
- Moore: Blackstone Valley’s ‘highway to prosperity’ (wickedlocal.com)
- Following the Blackstone River (teepee12.com)
- ‘SoNew’ tourism effort highlights Mass., RI, Conn. (bostonherald.com)