A is for Arizona, with Big Skies and deep canyons …
B is for Boston, a great city in every season …
C is for Coney Island. Chills, thrills and a beach too.
D is for diner … the best place to eat on the road …
E is for elections held all over our land …
F is for Florida, where traffic flows across the causeway …
G is for Gettysburg, where a big battle was fought and tourists are always welcome.
H is for home, where most journeys begin.
I is for Ireland and the Isle of Innisfree.
J is for jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.
K is for kitchen, where food is prepared. Or not.
L is for Lone Ranger, my childhood hero who roamed the early west with Tonto, his faithful companion.
M is for marina, where the boats wait and the sea calls.
N is for Nathan’s where the best hot dogs await you!
O is for Ogunquit, the Maine beach of sunrise over the Atlantic.
P is for the Painted Desert where storm clouds gather but do not break.
Q is for Quaker, the meeting-house down the road where peace reigns and songs of Thanksgiving are sung.
R is for railroad, disappearing but still alive, if you search for them.
S is for Symphony Hall where music fills the air.
T is for Tombstone, where the Earps and Doc Holliday’s ghosts still linger.
U is for unicorn. I’m sure they exist. They merely are hiding … so let’s go and hunt!
V is for vintage, old things that remember the roads.
W is for Williamsburg, an old town brought back to life.
X marks the spot and a cross-road of life and of roads.
Y is for yellow, the color of summer wildflowers by every roadside.
Z is for Zeus, pretending to be a swan. Poor Leda, did her parents believe her?
- Daily Prompt: A to Z (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Back to School (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Do Not Disturb – A Private Place (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt: Opposition – Grrrr (teepee12.com)
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror – A Ghost I See (teepee12.com)
- See It, Rent It, or Skip It: The Lone Ranger (k1047.cbslocal.com)
- Daily Prompt; A to Z (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A to Z (angloswiss-chronicles.com)
- Strangers – An Alphabet Poem (Daily Post Response) (maggiemoo414.wordpress.com)
- The Epic of Man in Alphabetical Order (tjtherien.wordpress.com)