This morning. It’s cooler now, already in mid-August. The hottest part of the summer has passed and around here, we suddenly know that there’s not much time left to get things done before winter closes in on us. But for this day, this bright and beautiful perfect morning, I can sit on my deck amidst the fuchsia I’ve nursed since springtime.
The urgency of replacing the broken old steps to the deck, a job that has needed doing since early spring was finished. What is more delicious than sitting amidst flowers sipping coffee while two younger generations — four teenagers and one middle-aged dad — do the work. I love work. I can watch it all day.
There are few carefree moments in life these days, but this morning, to sit, drink coffee and enjoy my flowers, soft breezes and bright sunshine while younger backs hammer and saw … that’s good. That’s freedom.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (joyandwoe.ca)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Carefree Deep Creek Lake Style (iseebeautyallaround.com)
- Carefree why can we not be? (lynneayersbeyondthebrush.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Carefree (smkelly8.com)
- Carefree (hisinception.wordpress.com)
- Misusing Liquids Insults My Intelligence (bumblepuppies.wordpress.com)