In the midst of one of the more difficult weeks of my life, with all of the Sturm und drang, agonizing and fear, two strangely marvelous and marvelously strange events occurred.
First, because kindness and generosity are always a marvel, a gift never to be underestimated or ignored, my kind readers have rallied around — along with my oldest and best-loved friends — to make me remember that there is always a reason to go on with life.
To accentuate the amazingness, rediscovering how people you’ve met through an electronic, completely magical medium, can show they care, are real people, even though they are too far to come and personally offer a hug … I tipped over the big 500 number and stand at 502 WordPress followers.
That’s amazing. Hard to believe it’s real. More than 500 people like my pictures and my writing — and me — enough to subscribe to this little blog. It’s awesome, marvelous, and strangely wonderful!
I hope the months to come won’t take me away from this remarkable connection to so many people I have come to cherish as a virtual family. I know there will be a break at some point, at least for a while — but I hope it won’t be for too long … and won’t happen for a while yet.
There’s a third thing. It may not sound so marvelous but it means more than I have words to say. A simple thing … a bouquet of flowers from my husband. Bright and shining on top of the cold woodstove on the fireplace mantel. Reminding me that I am, despite how crazy, broken and difficult I am, I am nonetheless loved.
Thank you. All of you. From the bottom of my imperfect heart.
- ForThePromptless – S. 3, E. 5 – Selcouth (thequeencreative.wordpress.com)
- For The Promptless – Ostranenie: Reflections in Water (teepee12.com)
- For The Promptless – Retrocausality: All You Zombies (teepee12.com)
- For The Promptless – Qualia – Sounds of silence (teepee12.com)
- For The Promptless – DIY: So, you made that yourself? (teepee12.com)
- ForThePromptless – S. 3, E. 3 – Amphigory (thequeencreative.wordpress.com)