So there we were. Walking through the gardens. Just minding our own business. Sandy was rambling on about something that happened at work and I was just absorbing the atmosphere, you know? Sunshine, flowers. Clean air.
I realized I was thirsty and figured they had to have some kind of water somewhere. You know, like a fountain or something. Not bottled water. Regular water, free. Like it used to be. You remember, the good old days when two things were free — air and water? Not like now where you have to wear a mask everywhere just to breathe, so even air costs money. Or at least clean air costs.
I just wanted a drink of water, not another credit card charge, y’know? Yeah, I can tell you know.
I stopped, and looked around. I saw this guy, just standing around. He was wearing a Parks Department uniform, or that’s what it looked like, so I figured he would know if there was a drinking fountain, right? Y’know?
So I yelled over … I had to yell, it was noisy. Dogs barking. Kids shouting. Mom’s shouting back.
“Hey, buddy. Is there a fountain around here? Like, for drinking?”
And the next thing I know … he tried to hit me with a forklift!
Is that weird or what?
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: From Non Sequitur to Forklift (littlegirlstory.wordpress.com)
- Non Sequitur (themagicblackbook.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur (bloobloons.wordpress.com)
- DP Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur Post by Ranu (sabethville.wordpress.com)
- Quelling Anger (zainabjavid.wordpress.com)