Weekly Photo Challenge: Good Morning! – RAINY OCTOBER MORNING

Funny about this. I was up shooting pictures of the kitchen before I saw this prompt. I do that sometimes because my kitchen is east-facing. I like the quality of morning light all times of the year. This morning, with the autumn leaves framed in the windows, rain changing the light to soft amber, I had to grab the moment. It’s the first rain in several weeks.

Welcome to morning in the Blackstone Valley. October. My kitchen. Coffee’s ready. Come have a cup.

28 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Good Morning! – RAINY OCTOBER MORNING

1. Madhu October 4, 2013 / 2:25 pm

Washing up must almost be pleasurable,with a view like that! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Teepee12 October 4, 2013 / 2:32 pm

Actually yes, during the day at least. At night in warm weather, the bugs love the light and it can be kind of icky.

2. sustainabilitea October 4, 2013 / 6:13 pm

Took the picture before the prompt was published?? You bad thing, you! ๐Ÿ™‚ Everything I’ve published so far are pictures I have in my “files” that just fit the challenge for the week. Have a great weekend!

janet

• Teepee12 October 4, 2013 / 6:25 pm

It was funny. I usually pull from my files … I mean I have thousands of pictures, many of which I’ve never done anything with except download to my hard drive. What was weird is I felt like taking pictures of the kitchen this morning and then up came this prompt. Downright psychic ๐Ÿ™‚ Or terribly coincidental.

3. D. S. Walker October 5, 2013 / 1:01 am

Love the view from your kitchen. It would definitely be a good place to have a morning coffee.

• Teepee12 October 5, 2013 / 1:27 am

You are right. The dining room has the same view, but has a table and chairs, something the kitchen lacks (too small) ๐Ÿ™‚ The view is good from every room. I love the view from my office and have my chair right next to the window. It’s facing west, so I see the shadows come up at night. There are problems living so isolated … but it is beautiful, always.

• Garry Armstrong October 5, 2013 / 11:00 am

Yesterday’s weather cleared up just in time for game one of the Red Sox-Tampa Bay ALDS. Priorities are clear. Today, another rainy gloomy morning. Cobwebs in my head from broken sleep. Hope today is easy.

• Teepee12 October 5, 2013 / 11:38 am

The weather is being very polite this year.

4. Amar Naik October 5, 2013 / 2:18 pm

in the morning i hardly look in kitchen since my sweet wife takes care of it ๐Ÿ˜€ . nice view.

• Teepee12 October 5, 2013 / 2:47 pm