If I knew I was about to eat my last meal, that after this would come nothingness — maybe the void or perhaps that place wherein our souls finally rest. It would not matter to me what (if anything) was on my plate. No favorite dessert would have any importance, nor the finest confections of the greatest chefs.
What matters is who I’d dine with. The faces I see around me, the love I feel towards and from the people with whom I’m sharing what would have to be the ultimate special moment.
A banquet? Or a trip to some fast food joint? Why would it matter?
Gather to me the friends and family of a lifetime. Fit us tightly together, body-to-body so we can feel each others’ warmth. I want to share the breath of my friends, feel their touch, the beating of each and every heart. If the world and I are going to end, let me be with people I love.
- The End is Nigh…. (kate0murray.wordpress.com)
- The last meals of famous people by Sarah Lazarovic (lostateminor.com)
- Daily Prompt: Eat Drink and Be Merry! (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Last Supper (crookedeyebrows.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: Eat, Drink and be Merry (angloswiss-chronicles.com)