Since you asked …
I want the Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm f/0.95 Micro Four Thirds Lens at a mere $999. It’s never on sale. It would be perfect paired with a new Olympus PEN E-P5. Also, I would very much appreciate the Panasonic 25mm f/1.4 Leica DG Summilux. These two lenses in combination would let me shoot in very low light without flash yet get fantastic quality.
I don’t know about the Jones’. Are they photographers?
I don’t expect to get either lens or the new camera. I’ll gratefully work with what I’ve got, my latest addition being a long yearned for Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 Lumix II. It has turned out to be as good as advertised and I’m having a blast with it. I’m basically a happy camper, photographically speaking. Of all the things I own, my cameras give me the most joy. Hard to regret them.
But … oh … those lenses. And the new line of Olympus 4/3 cameras are so sweet. I’m allowed to yearn, aren’t I?
- Daily Prompt: Keeping up with the Jones’ (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Micro 4/3: What’s in a Name? (theonlinephotographer.typepad.com)
- Daily Prompt: Giving Thanks For What I Have (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)
- Panasonic Announces 15mm f1.7 Leica DG Summilux Lens for Micro Four Thirds: By Phoblographer (omdem5.wordpress.com)
- Putting weird lenses on a micro four thirds body (ask.metafilter.com)
- Olympus primes its Micro Four Thirds lens selection (reviews.cnet.com)
- Daily Prompt: Keeping up with the Jones’ (nannosue.wordpress.com)
- Are You Kidding Me? (shakespearesgal2.wordpress.com)