It was very cold. A light breeze riffled the naked trees wrapped in lights. Music was playing by the exhibit building. Alone, in the dark and cold, by the glow of thousands of Christmas, one couple danced.
Not so long ago, that would have been Garry and I. Not that we are such great dancers (we aren’t) but because we were so happy to dance together.
But this night we are not so young. Our backs hurt and the cold is nipping at our feet and fingers. I had a sentimental moment … and then I knew we needed to warm up, inside, away from the starlight and music. But it brought back happy memories and the young couple made me smile.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Let There Be Light! (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: an Unexpected First Step (teepee12.com)
- City of Boston’s official Christmas tree arrives (bostonnewsgroup.com)
- Festive Faneuil Hall all aglow (bostonherald.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: LET THERE BE LIGHT! (eagerexplorer.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Let There Be Light In All Aspects of Your Life (dswalkerauthor.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Let There Be Light! (zainabjavid.wordpress.com)
- weekly photo challenge – let there be light! (mygulitypleasures.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Let There Be Light! (southernseamuse.wordpress.com)