It’s really a simple solution, you know.
We may already have one somewhere. It probably needs a little refinement, but I think it would solve the Earth’s problems. A bomb. A huge one.
Not neutron because that kills animals as well as people. Too much other destruction, too. We need a special people-eliminating bomb. After all the people are gone, Earth can recover and eventually, a new species will reign supreme. Hopefully the new masters of earth will show respect for Mother Earth and other creatures who share her bounty. A species which would allow the trees to grow, water to flow without damming or poisoning every stream. A species without the compulsion to dig up every mineral, pave every inch of ground, replace forests with cities belching soot, smoke and chemical fumes.
Earth needs a caretaker species. Not humans. We don’t care. We think God gave us permission to ravage and destroy our home as well as every living thing on it. I don’t remember any God — ours or anyone else’s — saying anything of the sort. How did I miss such an important passage in someone’s mythology? Why do I think that isn’t what any God would want?
Short of wiping out the human race, how about our species display a little self-restraint? How about not pouring sewage and industrial poison into the rivers, filling the air with dirt? Tearing open the earth to get to fossil fuels on which we should not be depending? How about behaving like proper guests of Mother Earth? You know, not eating our own Mother? How about that?
Are we even capable of not destroying our own nest?
- Daily Prompt: Necessity is the Mother of Invention (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Here’s A Stupid Answer (jitterygt.wordpress.com)
- Wake up and help Mother Earth (dev33ceratrova.wordpress.com)
- Humans Are NOT From Earth – Dr Claims Our Bodies Are Evidence (humansarefree.com)
- EPA Declares Humans a Pollutant To Be Phased Out by 2040 – Conservative Hideout 2.0 (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- Earth and Venus (reinaofappaleii.wordpress.com)
- Doomed by Inconvenience (teepee12.com)