I told Garry I was going to buy a place to live, with or without him. I had just gotten the proceeds of my Israeli divorce. It wasn’t a huge amount of money and I wanted it invested in something solid.
Garry said he wasn’t ready. I bought the place anyway. It was the wrong place, especially when, a few months later, he was ready — and I’d already spent the money.
So much for ultimatums. It took years to off-load the original unsuitable condo I bought.
Ultimatums can backfire!
- Brandon’s Mentor And The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- When People Have More Faith in You than Yourself | Rima Hassan
- Drawing a line in the sand: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Streetlight | 365 days of defiance
- Daily Prompt: Till Death do us Part? | Anniemation Floe
- A Game of Picnic | My Play Nook
- Stop Telling Lies Or Else! – Writing | wangsgard.com
- Torture of Four Years | Daily Prompt: With or Without You | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: With or Without You | Sabethville
- Get It In Gear | The Shotgun Girls
- Drawing a line in the sand: Daily Prompt | Alienorajt