NOT-SO-SECRET ADMIRER

I return home to find a huge flower bouquet waiting for me, no card attached. Who is it from — and why did he send it?

It’s Garry, the big sweetie pie!

72-square-yellow-roses-1104_030

My husband brings me flowers. Not every day, not even every week. But regularly. I have to assume that anytime there is a bouquet awaiting me, it’s from Garry. I have never been wrong.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Exactly what the bouquet will contain varies from week to week depending on what they happen to have in the floral section of Hannaford and Garry’s mood.

Last week, it was yellow roses. Before that, chrysanthemums.

The roses are fading … and we are into the “mortgage payment.” No new flowers until next week, I fear.

I look forward to them. The anticipation makes it all the sweeter. My husband is a keeper!

14 thoughts on “NOT-SO-SECRET ADMIRER

1. Garry Armstrong November 10, 2015 / 10:58 am

You’ll do!

2. angloswiss November 10, 2015 / 11:28 am

Am I jealous – hmm, will think about it – but Mr. Swiss brought me Swiss praline chocolate from our confinseur in Solothurn today – might not be flowers, but I think he is fattening me up for something.

3. Rick November 10, 2015 / 3:06 pm

Garry is a regular Romeo.

4. cordeliasmom2012 November 10, 2015 / 4:41 pm

I can’t recall when I last received flowers – and those were from one of my kids. But Hubby does keep me in wine and buys me dinner at least once a week, so I guess I can do without flowers.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 10, 2015 / 5:11 pm

The flowers are nice, but I’d be happy with anything which says “Hey, I care, I remember.” What isn’t important. It IS the thought that counts.

5. Soul n Spirit November 16, 2015 / 12:40 pm

S o sweet of him. He knows how to keep his woman happy. Bright yellow looks awesome.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 16, 2015 / 12:45 pm

He does a pretty good job. Just when I’m ready to get mad at him, he does something really sweet and I just melt 🙂

• Soul n Spirit November 16, 2015 / 12:53 pm

Seems to be universal behavior of husbands. Tarun would take me for a trek or driving rather than buying flowers. He knows I love traveling.