REPEATING PATTERNS – SUNDAY’S BLACK & WHITE CHALLENGE

In nature and in architecture, we see patterns repeat. And that is the subject of this week’s Black & White Sunday Challenge.

72-bw-looking-back-flowers-10162016_07
Looking across from living room through French doors to deck in late afternoon …

Sepia and shadows ... the deck with sun coming from the west
Sepia and shadows … the deck with sun coming from the west

Boards. Nails. Texture. Sepia.
Boards. Nails. Texture. Sepia.

72-bw-cemetary-ma-10072016_077

16 thoughts on “REPEATING PATTERNS – SUNDAY’S BLACK & WHITE CHALLENGE

1. My Truth and Opinions October 17, 2016 / 11:24 am

there is nothing more beautiful and deep than black ad white film photography. love your photography.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2016 / 12:04 pm

Thank you. I’ve had to relearn black & white. I used to know, but then along came digital and I forgot for a few decades.

• My Truth and Opinions October 17, 2016 / 12:34 pm

I truly believe nothing can touch film black and white I have two cameras I have barely used and lenses I need to use or find a home for . I need to take some photos of my granddaughters in black and white.

2. Garry Armstrong October 17, 2016 / 11:42 am

Cemetery works well. It’s a Universal picture!!

3. Paula October 17, 2016 / 3:34 pm

These are so aesthetically pleasing. Anyone who doubts whether or not to tackle in B&W photography should come here. Thank you, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2016 / 3:47 pm

Thank you. Until I started following you, I was doing almost no black and white. Which is funny, because that’s where I started in photography. In film and in black & white because I could develop and print it myself. Then, along came digital and I more or less forgot about black and white. Nice to rediscover it lo these many years later πŸ™‚

• Paula October 17, 2016 / 3:51 pm

πŸ™‚ I am honoured with this confession, Marilyn πŸ™‚ and so very pleased to have you on board.

4. swo8 October 17, 2016 / 4:07 pm

Love the old cemeteries and they do go well in black and white.

5. loisajay October 17, 2016 / 7:21 pm

The first photo is especially pretty.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 17, 2016 / 7:28 pm

Thank you. I like it better in black and white. I’ve taken a lot of variations on that picture, but this one I actually like πŸ™‚

6. DailyMusings October 18, 2016 / 11:42 pm

The old headstones are wonderful. Shadows too- great choices Marilyn

• Marilyn Armstrong October 19, 2016 / 12:29 am

Thank you. I wasn’t sure if these really counted, but they were the best I had to work with … so I stretched the definition a bit πŸ™‚