WAITING FOR SOMETHING

As Michael Valentine Smith used to say, “Waiting is.” Because we are all waiting for something or someone.

Bonnie and Gibbs are waiting for me or Garry to give them their next treat.72-bonnie-scotties-10172016_08

72-gibbs-scotties-10172016_02

I’m waiting for Garry to rise and shine.

72-Marilyn At Canal-GA-042716_154

It’s my day to see the doctor, so he is waiting for me.

Death cust serv

The guy with the scythe is waiting for all of us … and Halloween is just around the corner!

75-PumpkinsGAR-37

WAITING | THE DAILY POST

18 thoughts on “WAITING FOR SOMETHING

1. angloswiss October 18, 2016 / 11:27 am

One thing about that halloween stuff, is that you really get some good pictures. Now we have a difference – Mr. Swiss has to wait for me to rise and shine, he is generally up an hour before me, an early riser.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 18, 2016 / 12:21 pm

Neither of us are early risers anymore because we stay up very late watching movies and reading.

There’s not much Halloween stuff down this end of town. No sidewalks, hardly any “foot traffic.” In the village itself, it’s all dressed up with spider webs and ghouls and zombies and skeletons. We’ll have to grab some pictures next week when everyone’s house is all decorated. It may not be an important holiday, but it is rather more fun than most 🙂

2. swo8 October 18, 2016 / 1:01 pm

Look at those pumpkins. All I can think of is pie.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 18, 2016 / 11:07 pm

All I could think of was how much Charlie Brown would have approved 🙂 But pie is good, too.

• swo8 October 19, 2016 / 9:51 am

You have to love Charlie Brown.
        Pie is always good.

3. Emilio Pasquale October 18, 2016 / 4:58 pm

Stranger In A Strange Land. How many will pick up on that? Good thing the guy with the scythe is patient. Usually. I’m in no great hurry to meet up with him.

• Marilyn Armstrong October 18, 2016 / 11:06 pm

Probably not many. I was wondering that myself. It was one of those things everyone knew when I was a younger person. Now, I think no one reads “Stranger” anymore. But I have it in hard copy and as an audiobook. Sometimes, I need a Heinlein fix.

• Emilio Pasquale October 19, 2016 / 4:00 pm

Well, to be honest, I didn’t recognize the quote. I recognized the name. I had to look it up online to see where the name came from.

• Emilio Pasquale October 20, 2016 / 10:26 am

Oh, I remember the book and how everybody was reading it. I just couldn’t place the name when you mentioned it. I knew it was a novel, just which one?

• Garry Armstrong October 19, 2016 / 12:11 pm

The guy with the scythe looks like one of my former bosses…..

4. Garry Armstrong October 19, 2016 / 12:12 pm

They wait..and wait…and wait….(For exit visas)