LATE AUTUMN JOURNEY – GARRY ARMSTRONG

I’m not sure what caused it. Might be post Cubs victory euphoria, or the oldies radio station mix of Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, and Tony Bennett. My mind was drifting away with Roger Williams and “Autumn Leaves” as I pulled off I-91 in Connecticut. A pit stop for mind and body. I was returning home from a brief visit with my middle Brother, Billy, at the old family home on Long Island.

The sun broke through suddenly in what was an otherwise predominantly gray, rainy day.

72-red-on-red-garry-november-03112016_017

I was caught in my own little twilight zone between past and present.

29 thoughts on “LATE AUTUMN JOURNEY – GARRY ARMSTRONG

• Garry Armstrong November 5, 2016 / 12:18 pm

Indeed. The rain resumed as I took my last pic.

• Garry Armstrong November 5, 2016 / 12:19 pm

Covert, I hardly had to move to get these shots. Glad Mother Nature summoned me to stop.

• Covert Novelist November 5, 2016 / 1:19 pm

New England in it’s entirety is spectacular. I was telling Marilyn I used to spend hours looking at other people’s photography from around the world, and New England is next to none in it’s beauty. It’s spectacularly lovely.

1. Prajakta November 5, 2016 / 6:20 am

Wow!!! Simply beautiful.. and amazing pictures πŸ™‚

• Garry Armstrong November 5, 2016 / 12:20 pm

Thank you. Perfect location and kudos to Mother Nature for the brief time out.

• Garry Armstrong November 5, 2016 / 12:21 pm

Colline, I saw it in my eyes as I hunkered down for the shot and just prayed I got the truck in time.

• Garry Armstrong November 5, 2016 / 12:23 pm

Thank you. Glad I pulled off just as the sun popped out for a cameo. I think it was muted sunshine because of the on and off rain.

2. swo8 November 5, 2016 / 1:43 pm

Here it is November and the colours are sensational.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 5, 2016 / 7:16 pm

Weird timing isn’t it? But it’s connecticut and they are on a different schedule. Or anyway, the trees are πŸ™‚

• Garry Armstrong November 6, 2016 / 11:36 am

Leslie, the colors were magnificent as I drove home from Long Island. As I look out our big living room window, it’s still a wondrous view. But it’s changing quickly.

• swo8 November 6, 2016 / 11:48 am

Hard to believe it is November 6th. It is like a beautiful summer day here minus the extreme heat and humidity. Enjoy the view before the white stuff over takes us.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 5, 2016 / 7:18 pm

Just a bit south of here and about 10 days later for the color to peak. Amazing to me what a different a half a degree of latitude makes.

• Garry Armstrong November 6, 2016 / 11:45 am

Thanks, Martha.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 5, 2016 / 11:34 pm

That little Q7 is a remarkably good tiny camera. I’ve got one, too, but i don’t use it much because I’m so in love with my Olympus.

• Garry Armstrong November 6, 2016 / 11:46 am

Dear Daily,
      Thanks for the kind words. The shots almost beckoned to me.