ROSES AND A BEE – TEXTURES

TUESDAYS OF TEXTURE | WEEK 46 OF 2016

Tuesday was election day. I’m sure pretty much everyone everywhere knows that. We voted. Then, I took pictures. Not a lot of pictures. A few around town. It shows no election-related activity. None, at all. Which was worrying at the time, and more understandable now. The lack of enthusiasm was unusual, something I hadn’t previously experienced.

The texture is the velvet softness of roses, the sharpness of thorns … and aΒ bee.

These are probably the last roses of 2016 … and likely, the final bee. I was glad to see a bee. There have not been nearly enough of them recently.

I hear that there are anti-Trump protests all over the country in the big cities. Well, gee, talk about a dollar short and a day late. How many of these marchers went and voted, when it mattered? Do they now think that these protests are going to make him quit? Seriously? All it’s going to do it piss him off.

I am still seeking intelligent life on Earth, but I’m beginning to seriously wonder if I’ll ever find it.

14 thoughts on “ROSES AND A BEE – TEXTURES

1. kirizar November 10, 2016 / 10:02 am

Focus on bees. It is a better use for your energies and it is an area where one can possibly make a difference. Cure the small ills in the world around you and hope there is a trickle-outward global effect. I think that is the best we can hope to accomplish in our lives anyway.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 10, 2016 / 11:43 am

I agree. I often feel the greatest achievement of my generation was to turn denim into a fashion fabric.

• Parus November 10, 2016 / 11:55 am

The only cure for shattered hopes, is more hope. Should I tell you that I was also planning to persue my post-graduation study in USA, now I am confused. But I am sure everything happens for a good reason. Love and blessings to you!

• Marilyn Armstrong November 10, 2016 / 12:29 pm

I am NOT sure that everything happens for any reason, much less a good one. Sometimes, hope needs to be replaced by facts and a plan based on intelligent reasoning. Just saying. Blessing on you, too πŸ™‚

2. Garry Armstrong November 10, 2016 / 11:35 am

The demos are suspect. Too much sound and fury from the usual suspects who usually don’t vote.

3. evilsquirrel13 November 10, 2016 / 4:22 pm

It’s always a good time to stop and smell the bees….. er, roses. I’d gladly take the bees in exchange for all of the wasps I have lingering around every summer…

• Marilyn Armstrong November 10, 2016 / 5:59 pm

But remember: wasps kill moths. Go wasps … just not up MY chimney!

4. swo8 November 10, 2016 / 7:36 pm

What a joy to see those roses – and even a bee.

• Marilyn Armstrong November 10, 2016 / 8:59 pm

The bee was a nice surprise. We’ve been missing bees and bats for a while here. I’m hoping they recover. They’ve had a rough patch for a few years.

5. narami November 13, 2016 / 9:26 pm

Hello Marilyn! I tweeted your post when your pingback came in but had trouble commenting from my mobile – this roses gave me the biggest smile! Thank you so MUCH for sharing them with me and the peeps of Tuesdays of Texture. They are beautiful.