CHUTES & LADDERS – DOCKS, PIERS, AND WHARFS

Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Chutes and Ladders

Lots of ladders and chutes (ramps) down by the water. This is the marina in Connecticut, a dock in Hyannisport on Cape Cod, and the Tea Party wharf in Boston Harbor.

Chutes - and maybe a few hidden ladders
Chutes – and maybe a few hidden ladders
Ladders on the dock in Hyannisport
Ladders along the piers in Hyannisport
72-boat-ladder-marina-062014_025
Boat ladder – also called a companionway
Chutes - ramps at the Tea Party wharf in Boston
Chutes at the Tea Party wharf in Boston

cee's fun foto chall

9 thoughts on “CHUTES & LADDERS – DOCKS, PIERS, AND WHARFS

1. Cee Neuner December 13, 2016 / 2:30 pm

Boats and docks have great chutes and ladders. Wonderful post for this week. Thanks Marilyn. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2016 / 2:34 pm

You are welcome and thank you for making all this possible! I went and found a few pictures I hadn’t processed. It turns out I have thousands of pictures waiting to be processed. One of these is from archives, but all the others are new. I need to do some searching through my folders!

2. swo8 December 13, 2016 / 3:49 pm

Your photos sure take ones mind off the snow outside in the most enjoyable way, Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2016 / 5:05 pm

Thanks. I actually try to do that. We don’t have much snow, but it has gotten very cold and I think it’s just around the corner … maybe tonight or tomorrow. This is when I want to see warm, sunny beaches 🙂

• swo8 December 13, 2016 / 6:04 pm

meeeee toooooo.

3. DailyMusings December 13, 2016 / 7:06 pm

love your choices for chutes! I didn’t know the boat ladder had another name! 🙂

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2016 / 8:07 pm

It depends on its location in the boat. I think internal ladders are companionways and external ones are ladders, but I could be wrong. I should look it up, I suppose. Okay. I was right. Definition is: Companionway – Noun: A set of steps leading from a ship’s deck down to a cabin or lower deck. So within the ship or boat, it’s a companionway, but coming from the dock to the boat, it’s a ladder.