POINSETTIAS – FLOWER OF THE SEASON

They are ubiquitous this time of year. Banks of them in white, cream, and red at the grocery stores and Walmart. I think I’m going to buy a couple next time we are at the store.

72-poinsettia-regan-party-06122016_06

These were at a party we attended the other day.

FLOWER OF THE DAY | POINSETTIA

9 thoughts on “POINSETTIAS – FLOWER OF THE SEASON

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2016 / 12:52 am

Very cheerful flowers. i wish they would be happier in this house. We don’t have the right light or something.

• Covert Novelist December 13, 2016 / 1:26 am

My daughter has one that has to be 2 feet across and 2 feet high. So pretty. I’ve never had the luxury. They aren’t as expensive here 25.00 for that one and back where i came from 25.00 bought one plant 6 inches high, so she’s in heaven. lol

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2016 / 1:37 am

They are not expensive here, either, but they don’t live long. The house is too dark. I’m going to get a new one maybe tomorrow and see if I can put it right by the window. Maybe it’ll do better there.

1. Cee Neuner December 13, 2016 / 1:04 pm

Beautiful processing on this poinsettia. Gorgeous.

2. swo8 December 13, 2016 / 1:05 pm

They are lovely, Marilyn. We have a small one in 4″ pot. We still get the colour, it’s cute and doesn’t take up much room.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 13, 2016 / 1:08 pm

Thanks. I’m going to pick up one more, if they have something interesting when we go into town later 🙂 They don’t do well in this house, however. I try every year and they just up and die on me.