ODDBALLS, VARIOUSLY & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ceeโ€™s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: 2016 Week 52

The Nutcracker King
The Nutcracker King needs a nose job
Photo: Garry Armstrong
Photo: Garry Armstrong – Put it on your calendar!
Robbie and flowers on the old woodstove
Robbie and flowers on the old woodstove
By Garry Armstrong - Portrait of a stone owl with pinwheel
By Garry Armstrong – Portrait of a stone owl with pin wheel

12 thoughts on “ODDBALLS, VARIOUSLY & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1. angloswiss January 2, 2017 / 2:26 am

Some interesting Odd Balls. A smile giiveaway is a good idea, I know a few that it would help on their way.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 2, 2017 / 2:30 am

Overall, a smile is a pretty inexpensive and simple alternative to a snarl. Uses fewer muscles, too ๐Ÿ™‚

• Garry Armstrong January 2, 2017 / 1:58 pm

The dogs make it easy.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 2, 2017 / 3:10 pm

These are true oddballs. Odd that we took the pictures, but in some way, they each have some kind of statement to make ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you!

2. swo8 January 2, 2017 / 10:50 am

Neat photos, Marilyn. That poor nutcrackers’s nose. I’m trying to think of something you could glue on there.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 2, 2017 / 3:09 pm

I didn’t even realize it was gone until I took the picture. Then I felt guilty. Poor nutcracker! What terrible accident befell him … and I missed it! Let me know if you think of something. He looks a little flat-faced ๐Ÿ™‚

• swo8 January 2, 2017 / 3:15 pm

He looks a bit like the sphinx. I had a look at ours (we have a pair) and they have a wooden nose which looks like a checker cut into a quarter. They stand about two feet tall so if yours is shorter you could probably come up with something from the Dollar Store that would fit his face.

3. Cee Neuner January 2, 2017 / 11:54 am

These are terrific odd balls for this year. Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Marilyn Armstrong January 2, 2017 / 3:10 pm

Thanks Cee. I’ve actually started a folder for each month to collect different types of pictures and one is always “oddballs.”

4. evilsquirrel13 January 2, 2017 / 12:42 pm

Looks like that Nutcracker cut off his nose to spite his face…

• Marilyn Armstrong January 2, 2017 / 3:13 pm

Or … maybe another jealous nutcracker snuck up on him in the dark of night? No? Okay, probably he did it himself. His version of a nose job?