SNOW COVERS THE WAY – CEE’S WHICH WAY CHALLENGE – GARRY ARMSTRONG (MOSTLY)

Cee’s Which Way Photo Challenge – January 11, 2017

It’s winter again. Trails in snow … and trails covered by snow. We’ve had some snow and we’ve had some record-breaking warm weather between snows that makes all that white stuff go away.

These pictures by Garry were taken the morning after the storm. They are my favorites.

300-passage-home-gar-new-snow-07012017_047

300-gate-gar-new-snow-07012017_002

300-ink-shed-yellow-car-gar-new-snow-07012017_050

If snow weren’t so pretty, I don’t think I’d make it through the season!

300-light-snow-falling-06012017_001

Cee which way photo challenge

21 thoughts on “SNOW COVERS THE WAY – CEE’S WHICH WAY CHALLENGE – GARRY ARMSTRONG (MOSTLY)

1. angloswiss January 12, 2017 / 10:40 am

And that is quite some snow. I love the contrasts of the white snow on the car. Hope Garry arrived safely home afterwards and didn’t get frostbite.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 12:37 pm

He was definitely well chilled. if he had been a martini, I could have served him. He wasn’t out very long, but it was well below freezing. not as cold as it can get, but entirely cold enough … and he was having trouble taking pictures because his fingers were frozen 🙂 So he shot VERY fast.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 12:38 pm

Nah. We get lots worse snow that that. This was a modest little snowfall. It didn’t even reach our shins. It’s the ones that are hip deep and there’s another on the way that get us worried 🙂

• Covert Novelist January 12, 2017 / 1:40 pm

Lol, perception. Lol I grew up where we had snow and 50 below Temps but I haven’t seen snow in 30 years. So any snow seems like “snow” haha

• Garry Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 1:43 pm

Just a few days later and rain has washed away most of the snow. Now it’s mud.
        YAY – for New England.
        Stand by for the next Blizzard of Biblical proportion that will have the TV weather people doing unspeakable acts just out of camera range.

2. dcmontreal January 12, 2017 / 11:13 am

As has been the case for several years now the northeast storms seem to miss us in Montreal. We are getting rain these days. But there’s no global warming of course …….

• Marilyn Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 12:39 pm

I think this year it may turn around. Other than this storm, we’ve had mostly warmer than normal temps and rain. But definitely, NO global warming!

• omniclassic January 12, 2017 / 12:47 pm

While I kick back here in “Cowboy Land” with daytime temps in the upper 60s to middle 70s, and lows in the 50s.., It’s a real heatwave here.., I love winter 🙂

• Garry Armstrong January 13, 2017 / 11:40 am

Shame on you! There is no such thing as global warning.

• Garry Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 1:45 pm

Of course….

3. slmret January 12, 2017 / 12:47 pm

Love the shot of the car! And the trail up the hill is magnificent!

• Garry Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 1:47 pm

Yes, our driveway seems like a long trail, longer when it is snow covered.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 4:43 pm

I love the look, but it is a very slippery slope and I am not particularly sure-footed.

• Garry Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 1:47 pm

Thanks, Ester.

4. Cee Neuner January 12, 2017 / 1:57 pm

Great entry Garry and Marilyn. I’ve got that white stuff on the ground too. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong January 12, 2017 / 4:42 pm

That white stuff sure does change the world, eh? Even a small dusting and it is as iff the world is newly born. it’s the think I like about snow. I could skip the ice, the mud, the digging and plowing, but the beauty can be breathtaking 🙂

5. swo8 January 12, 2017 / 5:10 pm

I see the way through the snow.

6. Emilio Pasquale January 12, 2017 / 6:10 pm

Nice leading lines on that first photo, Garry. Right to your front door?