GOLDEN HOUR ON THE MUMFORD RIVER

PHOTO CHALLENGE | Ambience

Late afternoon, Friday, January 13th on the shores of the Mumford River
Late afternoon, Friday, January 13th on the shores of the Mumford River
It's just water over the dam on the Mumford River, but there's gold in the water, reflections of the late afternoon sun
It’s just water over the dam on the Mumford, but there’s gold in the water, reflections of the afternoon sun

I participate in WordPress' Weekly Photo Challenge 2017
I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

9 thoughts on “GOLDEN HOUR ON THE MUMFORD RIVER

1. slmret January 14, 2017 / 1:37 am

Lovely photos of Friday the 13th golden hour!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 14, 2017 / 12:07 pm

A classic january thaw day. Today, with football fever gripping New England, it’s 30 degrees colder!

2. angloswiss January 14, 2017 / 2:19 am

Lovely photos, very golden. I love the carpet of Autumn leaves on the bank in the first photo.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 14, 2017 / 12:06 pm

Thanks. I forgot that the red leaves are always there. It’s a natural area, no one maintains it except if a big tree falls down. Then they come and take it away to prevent it from getting into the river and blocking the dam. We were on our way home from the vet with Bonnie … so … I did what you do. I begged a few moments to jump out of the car and grab a few pictures. The light was right 🙂

3. any1mark66 January 14, 2017 / 4:03 am

Great picture with the water over the dam!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 14, 2017 / 12:03 pm

Thank you. The hard part is getting past my fear of falling off the ledge and drowning. Taking the pictures are the easy part 🙂

4. swo8 January 14, 2017 / 12:54 pm

That water looks very cold in the first photo. At least is hasn’t frozen.