BIG WITH LITTLE – CEE’S FUN FOTO CHALLENGE

Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Big and Small

72-BW-Big-Boat-Little-House-Nearby-072816_04
Pretty big boat by a little house
Little house under the big yellow tree
Little house under the big yellow tree
Little car buried in big snowdrift
Little car buried in big snowdrift

cee's fun foto chall

16 thoughts on “BIG WITH LITTLE – CEE’S FUN FOTO CHALLENGE

1. angloswiss January 18, 2017 / 2:09 am

That is some tree. We have a row of big trees at the edge of our estate, and I can seen them add on size every year in the Summer. Fascinating really.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 18, 2017 / 3:28 am

Thank you. That is quite an old tree, I think. You don’t actually see trees that big very often. So many were cut down and the new ones are not so massive. In the 1700s and 1800s, they cut down most of the tall trees to use to make masts for ships.

2. Covert Novelist January 18, 2017 / 3:03 am

That is a massive tree, and a weenee teenee car and I loved the juxtaposition, awesome! Well done.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 18, 2017 / 3:38 am

The car is not so small, but the snow was REALLY deep. That was one hell of a winter. We got 12 feet of snow and it was so cold, nothing melted, so it really piled up. The car completely disappeared eventually. Just a hump of snow. We knew spring was coming when it reappeared, little by little 🙂

• Covert Novelist January 18, 2017 / 11:52 am

Lol. I grew up on the prairies where 50 below 0 was common. We got sno we, but I don’t rec as ll snow passed my knees . It’s truly astounding to me to see that kind of Snow. How cold did it Get?

• Marilyn Armstrong January 18, 2017 / 5:03 pm

It was a very bad winter. Temps around zero all through January and February and it just kept snowing. And snowing. Twelve feet in 5 weeks. Got down to 20 below for a while. Even for around here, that is VERY cold.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 18, 2017 / 5:13 pm

Those of us with asthma didn’t go outside much. Breathing was difficult.

• Covert Novelist January 18, 2017 / 5:16 pm

Yes I imagine so. My daughter has asthma, I know the drawbacks. My ex mother in law could barely walk across the room. Only being around someone with asthma, would you understand the difficulties and how precious breathing is.

3. Cee Neuner January 18, 2017 / 12:50 pm

Great photos. I remember the yellow car being buried in snow. Still love it. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong January 18, 2017 / 5:00 pm

It is how we gauge how bad winter is. When it completely disappears, we know it’s pretty bad.

4. swo8 January 18, 2017 / 12:52 pm

The tree with the touch of autumn on its leaves is a gem. There is something about green at this time of year that is very pleasing.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 18, 2017 / 5:14 pm

There’s still quite a bit of green around here. We are having a warm January. We still, however, have February … so let’s save that champagne.

• swo8 January 18, 2017 / 5:21 pm

I’m clicking my heals. Champagne to come. February is a short month.

5. evilsquirrel13 January 19, 2017 / 2:57 am

Heck, I’ve almost forgotten what snow even looks like. Even the three different freezing rain events they predicted last weekend that had everyone in a frenzy and ready to shut down the area all fizzled out because it stayed above freezing the entire time. And it’s supposed to get warm this weekend…. well, I guess there’s always February and March to get through yet…

• Marilyn Armstrong January 19, 2017 / 5:58 am

That was the only snow we’ve had this winter and it was gone in three days. It has been unusually warm and rainy rather than snowy. But it’s only January. If we get through February unscathed, we can celebrate. A party for global warming!