LOVE NOTE FROM THE NETHERLANDS

I have to thank Chronicles of an Angloswiss where I first viewed this hilarious “love letter” to America from Holland. It’s mostly in English. Just a few sentences in the beginning are Dutch, so don’t be put off by language. If you watch “The Daily Show” or any late night TV comedy, this will seem remarkably like a piece from one of them.

It is very on target. I wasn’t sure whether to laugh, cry, or both. I settled on laughing because there’s too much crying going on.

Oh, and this is also the original home of tulips and wooden shoes. Just in case you forgot!

22 thoughts on “LOVE NOTE FROM THE NETHERLANDS

1. slmret January 26, 2017 / 12:21 am

Very cleverly done!!! I’m glad you were able to laugh!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 26, 2017 / 1:20 am

We all need a laugh. I really do think that imitating DJT is going to be an international fad for comedy.

• slmret January 26, 2017 / 1:28 am

There’s a comedy group out of DC that’s very funny, the Capitol Steps (and they have a travelling group as well). They have already tweeted that with DJT they have LOTS of new material! Unfortunately they get to CA only for about one show a year, but they’re well worth the effort to see them!

• Marilyn Armstrong January 26, 2017 / 1:41 am

I have heard of them, but never seen them perform. Maybe they’ll get out this way sometime. Usually, it’s Boston that gets all the shows and that’s a long hike. Maybe they’ll show up on one of the late night comedy shows.

• slmret January 26, 2017 / 1:56 am

I don’t think they’ve ever done tv, but they do have several cd’s for sale on their website.

2. judyt54 January 26, 2017 / 12:26 am

oh that’s funny. Got his speech patterns down cold.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 26, 2017 / 1:19 am

I think every comedian in the world is going to “speak Trump” very soon. We will need the comic relief.

3. ksbeth January 26, 2017 / 2:21 am

i absolutely loved this too, brilliant !

4. swo8 January 26, 2017 / 10:12 am

Peter and I both sat down to watch this with a lot of laughter.

5. Cee Neuner January 26, 2017 / 1:09 pm

Chris found this last weekend. It is hilarious.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 26, 2017 / 1:09 pm

It IS hilarious. Maybe every European country will make their own. At least we’ll get to laugh a little 🙂

6. usfman January 26, 2017 / 2:53 pm

One of the prices we pay for Presidential ignorance now is being the butt of jokes in an increasingly globalized world.

• Marilyn Armstrong January 26, 2017 / 6:19 pm

As long as we can laugh, we will survive. When it stops being funny, we are in very serious trouble. Very.