SHARING MY WORLD – WELCOME TO FEBRUARY!

Share Your World – January 30, 2017

What is the most incredible natural venue that you’ve ever seen in person?

Grand Canyon 5

I hate to sound like everyone else, but yeah, it’s The Grand Canyon. It is awe-inspiring. Breathtaking. And still photographs don’t do it justice. Maybe with film, but it’s so huge, so engulfing. I think you need to be there to feel the magic.

How many siblings do you have? What’s your birth order?

I had an older brother and a younger sister, which puts me right in the middle. My brother died of pancreatic cancer about 8 years ago and my sister vanished into a world of drugs and I don’t know what else. So, I am the last member of my immediate family. I used to be the middle kid. Now, I’m the lone grandma.

72-Antique-Marilyn-Matthew-1952
My big brother Matthew and me — probably 1952, in Holliswood

If you were a shoe, what kind would you be and why?

warm boots

I’d prefer to be a loafer, but if I can’t loaf, then I will sneak. Unless you could pull me up by the bootstraps. Do boots have straps?

new shoes feet

What is the strangest/weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

I have eaten alligator and crocodile and while I wouldn’t seek them out, they were okay. Escargot, on the other hand, was yucky. Garlic flavored worms. My husband said I should try them. This from the man who won’t eat peas or lima beans. On the other hand, he was right about the calamari. A plate of fried calamari is great. I’ll travel for that!

Optional Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?

I’m glad I don’t seem to have cancer (again), but the state of the body politic is horrendous. It feels like the world is crashing and burning everywhere I look. Hard to see much good coming out of this mess. I think we’ll be lucky if we manage to hang on to our freedom. My wish for next week is that I wake up from this nightmare and discover it wasn’t real, merely a terrible dream.

share your world cee banner

16 thoughts on “SHARING MY WORLD – WELCOME TO FEBRUARY!

1. angloswiss February 1, 2017 / 2:34 am

I almost forgot my experience of eating snails. I have eaten them from time to time. We could buy them in the local supermarket, frozen. They would fill the shells up with herb butter, and you baked them in the oven. They were OK, but I grew up with shellfish in London and we would buy so-called winkles, which were the fish version of the snail. I remember getting the winkle out of the shell by using a pin.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 1, 2017 / 2:42 am

I hate the texture. Couldn’t get past it. But I’m okay with most shellfish and sushi and stuff. I was even okay with the alligator and crocodile. I’ll just pass on the escargot. And olives. And anchovies.

• Garry Armstrong February 1, 2017 / 1:20 pm

The Grand Canyon also gets my vote as the most awsesome natural venue I’ve seen.

I’m the oldest of 3 Brothers.

Footwear: Boat shoes, loafers.

Weirdest food consumed: Horse meat. Suggested by a friend who is now longer with us. I still HATE Lima Beans and peas!! Sue me!!

2. draliman February 1, 2017 / 3:10 am

I wouldn’t go near a snail full stop, eating-wise. Well done for at least trying!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 1, 2017 / 3:45 am

I was trying to be carefree and open-minded. Except I’m phobic about snails, so eating them is like eating a spider. Ew.

3. Cee Neuner February 1, 2017 / 12:21 pm

I appreciate you playing along this week. I enjoyed reading your answers.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 1, 2017 / 1:30 pm

It is always interesting, especially since I’m never sure what I’m going to say until I say it 🙂 You’re a great host!

4. swo8 February 1, 2017 / 12:55 pm

I’d have to agree with you that the Grand Canyon is spectacular – but I haven’t been there yet.
    If I were a pair of shoes I think I would be a sexy pair of high heels. ( at least I wouldn’t have to wear them to look good)

• Marilyn Armstrong February 1, 2017 / 1:31 pm

I don’t think I could be the kind of shoes that hurt. Some of these fancy shoes, my feet hurt just LOOKING at them 🙂

• swo8 February 1, 2017 / 1:32 pm

Me too Marilyn, but they are so pretty. If I was one I wouldn’t have to wear them.

• swo8 February 1, 2017 / 3:56 pm

As foot wear they are painful but as art they are so lovely. Can’t imagine walking in them.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 1, 2017 / 3:58 pm

I was reading a book last night and the author had bought a pair of ridiculously expensive heels to go with her wedding dress … and discovered that they hurt not only when she worked, but even if she was sitting down. And not just a little hurting, but the kind of hurting that would normally send you to an ER.

Make them out of glass or ceramics for decoration only. No woman should be deluded into thinking she can actually WEAR them.

• swo8 February 1, 2017 / 4:00 pm

At one point I could, but boy have things changed.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 1, 2017 / 6:27 pm

I wore really high heels into my mid 20s, then my feet explained the facts of life to me. On no uncertain terms.

• swo8 February 1, 2017 / 6:44 pm

Feet have a way of doing that.