SOLITUDE AT SUNRISE

SOLITUDE | THE DAILY POST WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE

300-ogunquit-solitude-sunrise

Just before five in the morning. Ogunquit beach, Maine.

A solitary walker on the beach as the sun rises. A seagulls wait on the shore. It’s breakfast time for birds.

300-mist-seagull-ogunquit

300-ogunquit-bird-shore-sunrise

I participate in WordPress' Weekly Photo Challenge 2017
I participate in WordPress’ Weekly Photo Challenge 2017

16 thoughts on “SOLITUDE AT SUNRISE

• Marilyn Armstrong February 4, 2017 / 1:58 pm

That was my year for sunrises. I got two amazing ones that year, in July and September. I only wish I’d owned better cameras.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 4, 2017 / 1:57 pm

I think everyone does. I think maybe it’s something in our DNA, how we relate to our oceans as life-givers.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 4, 2017 / 1:56 pm

Thank you. It really was an incredible sunrise. I got two really amazing ones that year and nothing since has matched them.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 4, 2017 / 1:55 pm

Thank you. Dawn is my favorite time to shoot. It’s just hard dragging the old carcass out of be that early.

1. swo8 February 4, 2017 / 12:07 pm

What is it about a beach that just draws you in?

• Marilyn Armstrong February 4, 2017 / 1:54 pm

Something in our DNA. The response is almost universal among people. The ocean as mother to life?

• swo8 February 4, 2017 / 2:20 pm

Maybe it is where we emerged from the sea. It’s still a lovely place to be and go for walk looking for seashells.

2. Garry Armstrong February 4, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Sunrise. The birth of a new day and maybe nifty surprises.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 4, 2017 / 1:53 pm

I remember those morning. It was also the birth of a zillion starving mosquitoes and I looked so much like brunch.

3. choosingmyperspective February 4, 2017 / 12:54 pm

Definitely my favorite place and time to be alone! The beach/ocean at sunrise! Beautiful photo.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 4, 2017 / 1:49 pm

I’ve always felt at piece on the shore. But any body of water will do. I’m happy by lakes and rivers, also. I always felt like something was missing when I lived in Jerusalem because we were 50 miles from the Mediterranean. I missed ocean, though Jerusalem was worth it.