DARKNESS AND LIGHT – BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY

BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY: DARKNESS AND LIGHT

The house through the trees and snow
The house through trees and snow

Now that the month of snow has arrived, the world has become a black, white, and gray monochrome. I went out with the Olympus OM-D Mark V and a 12-50 mm lens. The light was fading.

Looking up the driveway -- on which we can't drive. Not until it gets plowed again.
Looking up the driveway — on which we can’t drive. Not until it gets plowed again.

It snowed last night as well as the day and night before. There a lot more snow on the way tomorrow. You can see it in the bright white sky. The classic “snow sky.”

Snow ending, new snow on the way at sunset
Snow ending, new snow on the way. At sunset.

12 thoughts on “DARKNESS AND LIGHT – BLACK & WHITE SUNDAY

• Garry Armstrong February 12, 2017 / 12:33 pm

Thanks, Daily. It’s snowing again. Oh, well!

• DailyMusings February 12, 2017 / 2:50 pm

here we have an ice storm- the ground was slushy but now all icy- I am hoping the temps creep up. My car is enshrouded in ice!!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 12, 2017 / 4:03 pm

We’re pretty socked in. Ice AND snow. We were planning to do a little traveling on Tuesday, but it’s beginning to look a bit iffy.

1. Paula February 12, 2017 / 9:28 am

Garry, I appreciate your gorgeous snow-covered entry. Thank you to both of you for this. I love the effects that make trees look a bit like a mosaic. Really wonderful work.

• Garry Armstrong February 12, 2017 / 12:35 pm

Thanks, Paula. It was late afternoon. I got out just before it turned dark. Interesting time to shoot.

2. expresstoexpose February 19, 2017 / 11:26 pm

Thank you for your like! Your pictures are really beautiful. I love this section!