ANIMUSIC RESONANT CHAMBER

I woke up in the middle of the night with this music in my head. So, here it is again. For me, this is haunting music. and sometimes I really need a fix.

Animusic is music made visual. If music can be seen as well as heard, ANIMUSIC makes it so! Enjoy! I own several of their DVDs and they are wonderful. You can visit their website and see what’s available. The kind of music varies from classical to hard rock to “hard-to-describe,” but all of it has the same ability to let you actually see music, every note. If you don’t normally like music, you might like this because it isn’t like anything else.

I find this piece of music haunting and sometimes, I play it over and over again and can’t get it out of my mind. There’s something about it. Turn up your speakers, then watch, listen and be awestruck!

Click on the graphic (above) to see the entire production.

Animusic specializes in the 3D visualization of MIDI-based music. Founded by Wayne Lytle, it was originally called Visual Music. It became Animusic in 1995.

The company is famous for its futuristic computer animations in which the music actually drives the animation so that what you see and the music precisely correspond. This is as close to “visual music” as you can come.

Although other musical animation productions exists, there are differences. The models for Animusic are created first, then are programmed to do what the music “tells them.” Instruments appear to be playing themselves …  instruments that could never exist yet somehow seem entirely plausible. Many people, on first seeing an Animusic production ask if the instrument or instruments really exist. I thought it was real … strange and remarkable, but real. They are startlingly realistic. Sometimes funny, too.

See also on www.youtube.com

27 thoughts on “ANIMUSIC RESONANT CHAMBER

1. Teepee12 July 25, 2013 / 12:45 am

This particular one is my favorite. Some of the newer ones are less creepy, but not as sweet.

2. Teepee12 October 6, 2013 / 10:19 pm

I too play it repeatedly. It is haunting. And the moons as they drift by are something else.

3. judyt54 June 24, 2015 / 1:26 pm

there is that strange other worldly moon thing going on, and a bit of creepy too, but it’s just lovely, no matter who or what is working the strings…

• Marilyn Armstrong June 24, 2015 / 1:31 pm

It is a bit creepy, but it’s also beautiful and unearthly. I have the DVD with this piece on it and I just love it. I play it over and over.

4. Covert Novelist February 14, 2017 / 1:01 am

I will try to listen to some of these over the next few days. I love music so…

• Marilyn Armstrong February 14, 2017 / 1:20 am

There’s just one here. They are all kinds of copyright protected. There may be another one or two on YouTube, but I couldn’t find them. This is less than 3 minutes long.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 2:17 pm

it’s really beautiful 🙂 Yes, I guess that makes sense. You can actually SEE music.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 9:39 pm

I would, except I didn’t create the music. Animusic created it. It IS beautiful, however 😀

• juliancreators February 16, 2017 / 5:47 pm

They did a great job! But feel free to share your WordPress articles in our group, we have a lot of other music bloggers there as well 🙂

• julianarde February 17, 2017 / 1:16 pm

Sounds good! Were you able to join the group alright?

• julianarde February 17, 2017 / 2:43 pm

No worries, I’ll be on the lookout for your join request 🙂