WINTER AND SNOW AND ALL OF THAT – Marilyn & Garry Armstrong

180-snow-dawn-020117_001

It’s cold out there. Icy, wet, and we’ve got at least two more weeks before we see a real break. The good news? The pictures are beautiful. The bad news?

300-snow-plowed-130217_006

It’s cold. Wet. Icy. And more weeks until finally, spring starts to show up.

18 thoughts on “WINTER AND SNOW AND ALL OF THAT – Marilyn & Garry Armstrong

1. Covert Novelist February 15, 2017 / 12:11 am

That’s what we looked like 3 days ago, it’s pouring, again and we’ve lost most of the snow, not all but we’re going to get 2 inches of rain so I imagine it’ll all go soon enough.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 12:23 am

We’re getting sleet tomorrow, snow Thursday or Friday. I really don’t like winter weather. I keep trying, but I just don’t like it.

• Covert Novelist February 15, 2017 / 12:40 am

I love winter, but then I can’t drive so don’t have to worry about getting around in it

• Marilyn Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 10:23 am

Not driving helps. My granddaughter was here last night and parked at the bottom of the driveway, but she couldn’t get out this morning. We NEVER park at the bottom for exactly this reason: Ice. But she did. She should know better. She lived here a long time, but it is raining at the moment, so with a little luck, she’ll be able to get out of here soon.

• Covert Novelist February 15, 2017 / 10:35 am

We went through that too, pretty slick. Hope she can get out alright now.

• Garry Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 11:42 am

Oy! Oy! Oy! My achin’ back and never ending cold. Oy!

2. angloswiss February 15, 2017 / 2:09 am

Wonderful photos. Our snow seems to have gone now, but it does produced interesting photos. I do not mind it so much as I used to, but we do not get as much as you do and our roads and paths are kept constantly clear.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 10:21 am

About ONE month to go. Just one. I try to keep it in perspective, but this time of year, it makes me a little crazy because I just can’t get out of here until is clears. Just another few week. Be March, it will be leaving and by the middle of March, mostly gone. I just have to wait. Meanwhile, pix are pretty πŸ™‚

• Garry Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 11:46 am

I can slide part of my brain to beisbol. Spring Training is here and we await this year’s pheenoms. Big Papi is already missed.

I need to get up to the mailbox….before the driveway freezes over.

On, Yukon King! On, you huskies!!

3. Dina February 15, 2017 / 2:13 am

Great photos. You can send some to us in Norway. It’s much too warm here. We want more snow! πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 10:19 am

Wouldn’t it be great if we could send weather? You know, raining too much here, so let’s send it to California? Now, California has too MUCH rain, so send it wherever they are having a drought.

We pretty much always get a lot of snow. Something about the way the winds whip down from the arctic, across Canada, and voila. Snow. A lot of snow. Oh well πŸ™‚

• Garry Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 11:47 am

Song of Norway??

4. swo8 February 15, 2017 / 1:10 pm

The photos are beautiful but … there was a moment yesterday when the sun came out and I had this feeling that spring was coming. (It has since changed, darn it!)

• Marilyn Armstrong February 15, 2017 / 1:14 pm

Yes, it was gorgeous yesterday morning. Absolutely lovely. Bright blue sky, white little puffy clouds. Now, it’s raining and icing and icky and disgusting. But, on the UP side, by a month from now, it will be sort of almost spring.

• swo8 February 15, 2017 / 1:19 pm