MOSTLY UP BUT AT LEAST ONE OTHER DOWN THE SIDE – PERSPECTIVE

72-BW-Fire-Escape-6

72-BW-Sept-table&Chairs_08

75-Pops-BW-NK- 5

Cee's Black & White Photo Challenge Badge

17 thoughts on “MOSTLY UP BUT AT LEAST ONE OTHER DOWN THE SIDE – PERSPECTIVE

• Marilyn Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 12:56 am

Thank you. It was a long, narrow porch and it turned out, that was the only picture I could take. But I like it ๐Ÿ™‚

• Covert Novelist February 17, 2017 / 1:17 am

I really like it. You take the kind of photos I would if I could. There is an immediate appeal with many. Its pretty awesome.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 11:12 am

Mainly, I do what I can without standing in the middle of the road, or, in the case of the cabin, too far below to get a picture of the porch. Over the years, I’ve sort of learned how to take pictures when you can’t take that picture. Garry’s good too because of all those years of grabbing news for TV, so he just shoots and worries (more to the point I worry) about later … later ๐Ÿ™‚

• Covert Novelist February 17, 2017 / 12:36 pm

That’s the way to do it though. Then you capture perfection. It’s those I have to take this now shots that work so well (more often than not). sometimes pictures that are “set up” aren’t as good as the by the seat of your pants pics. to me anyway

• Garry Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 1:06 pm

Chairs — before winter….

1. maui1 February 17, 2017 / 1:35 am

These are very good black and white pictures. I just really like black and white pictures.

2. angloswiss February 17, 2017 / 2:08 am

Love the photos. It is always interesting taking photos from other angles, if we golden oldies can manage to twist and turn to capture them.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 11:09 am

In town, it can be difficult to shoot from a distance with all the people. Garry is better with people than I am, but they get in my way. And this building wasn’t even on the street. It was sort of behind other buildings, on an alley. Boston is old enough that you have buildings on alleys with cool names like “Alley 41” and the building (I kid you now) is 35-1/2. You don’t see that much anymore ๐Ÿ™‚

• Garry Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 1:07 pm

Alley 41. Did a standup there. ONE take!!!

3. DailyMusings February 17, 2017 / 5:57 am

I love the perspective in them all. Beautiful building that first one is

• Marilyn Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 11:01 am

Thank you! I think that was one of the very first “tall” buildings in Back Bay. Mostly, Boston doesn’t have much in the way of tall building for living. there are some tall ones for business, but for living, we tend to be … squatters, pretty much. That one, I loved the railings. A lot of these, it’s hard to step back with traffic and so many people, so I shoot UP. And the day was mighty fine ๐Ÿ™‚

4. judyt54 February 17, 2017 / 7:50 am

love the fire escapes, always have, but I could never live where they have them. I get agita just looking at that picture, as cool a perspective as it is–I would be the woman slowly fleeing from the burning building, one cautious step at a time, not to look at the spaces beneath her…

one thing I like about b/w photography, it immediately makes you aware of spaces and shapes, and you don’t have the distraction of color.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 10:58 am

When I was young, I’d have been dashing down the fire escape, but oh gee, that was kind of a while ago. Now? I look at my own house with all the stairs and strongly wonder if i’d even make it out of HERE.

5. Cee Neuner February 17, 2017 / 12:16 pm

Fun post for this week. Wonderful Marilyn. Love your looking up. ๐Ÿ˜€

6. swo8 February 18, 2017 / 12:21 pm

It’s enough to give you vertigo, Marilyn. Well done.