SHARING MY WORLD, ONE SIGN AT A TIME

Share Your World – February 13, 2017

Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?

I un-tuck them. Garry tucks them in. As you can imagine, this makes for some creative bed-making. Mostly, however, it is an endless little tussle between the tucker and the un-tucker. Since we sleep under a down comforter, mostly, I win. Yay! Besides, my feet cramp under a tight sheet.

Have you stolen a street sign before?

What do you mean by “before”? Does this mean I am currently, unbeknownst to myself, stealing a street sign? Because it’s blowing a gale out there and is really cold … and there’s more than a foot of snow on the ground. So, all other things aside, this is not good street sign stealing weather.

Moreover, there are almost no street signs to steal in New England. It’s a thing. We don’t waste money on street signs, the theory being if you don’t know where you are, why are you here? Thus, I have never personally stolen a street sign. I have, however, been the receiver of stolen goods, the spoils of other peoples’ ill-gotten gains, street sign-wise.

Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?

I don’t clip coupons. They give us coupons with our grocery and drug store receipts, but I still forget to use them. Oops.

Do you have freckles?

I used to have freckles. Now I have liver spots. It’s more a matter of degree and attitude. Liver spots bear many similarities to freckles, except liver spots are not cute. They do not inspire pig tails. Liver spots are aggressive and mean-spirited. And much bigger than a freckle has any right to be.

13 thoughts on “SHARING MY WORLD, ONE SIGN AT A TIME

1. draliman February 17, 2017 / 8:21 am

Hmm. You say you’ve never stolen a street sign, but you seem very knowledgeable regarding the best weather in which to do so…

• Marilyn Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 10:56 am

I was just a non-participant. They will never get away with it! Never! I’ve been clean all these year. No, really, I sort of have, more or less!

2. evilsquirrel13 February 17, 2017 / 9:43 am

A couple of classic signs there… the Alice Bridges Bridge I complimented before. And I’ll bet the Lost Dutchman really wishes that sign had been there back in the day…

• Marilyn Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 11:15 am

Every time I cross that bridge, I have to laugh. How many towns have a bridge named Bridges? We have to get points for that, right?

We have a school — the one in which we all vote, aka where the old high school used to be — that’s on Dead End and Fair Street. Surely THAT must mean something, don’t you think?

3. Cee Neuner February 17, 2017 / 12:06 pm

Your sign Seek Alt Route struck me today. Thanks for sharing Marilyn. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 4:11 pm

Thanks, Cee. With all the craziness going around, I’m happy I got anything out 🙂

4. Garry Armstrong February 17, 2017 / 1:04 pm

Yes, I like my sheets and covers tucked in — tucked in tight, MARINE CORPS tight!

5. swo8 February 18, 2017 / 1:19 pm

I’ve been chuckling away at all your comments. Peter carefully tucks us in and I delightfully kick them off.

• Garry Armstrong February 18, 2017 / 1:20 pm

Leslie, I think Marilyn and you plan these things. Peter and I need a “guys huddle”.

• swo8 February 18, 2017 / 1:24 pm

I do keep him busy tucking me in all the time…. chuckle

6. DailyMusings February 19, 2017 / 7:40 am

I love your response to the sign questions- such great signs all around you! Ahhh the liver spots my grandmother had have now come to live upon my hands… I think of her often and now you brought her to mind too

• Marilyn Armstrong February 19, 2017 / 10:38 am

I remember seeing them on my mother and wondered why. NOW I know. Funny about the whole “time thing” 😀