NIGHT OF RHYTHM

Downtown Boston
Downtown Boston
72-BW-Night-Main-St-Uxbridge2-121015_126
December night, downtown Uxbridge
Symphony station, Boston, mid-December night
Symphony station, Boston, mid-December night

Petula Clark’s classic “Downtown” …

72-BW-Sepia-Pops-2015_013

RHYTHM AFTER DARK | DAILY POST

17 thoughts on “NIGHT OF RHYTHM

1. Garry Armstrong February 22, 2017 / 11:30 am

“Night And The City” (1951/Fox) Richard Widmark, Jean Peters.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 22, 2017 / 1:19 pm

I couldn’t find it on YouTube … and that’s where I picked up that nasty little virus, by the way. I hate when that happens.

2. angloswiss February 22, 2017 / 12:02 pm

I cannot remember the last time I was in town in the evening. Probably my birthday meal. Some lovely photos. I sort of grew up with Petula Clark in the background. She was always on the TV or radio.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 22, 2017 / 1:20 pm

She was indeed. I always wondered what became of her. She was everywhere, then she sort of disappeared. I think she did a lot of TV later on. Her voice was everywhere.

• angloswiss February 22, 2017 / 1:27 pm

Petula Clark is still around, but naturally now also a golden oldie (like us). She even got a CBE (commander of the British Empire – I think) from the Queen, one of those honours she dishes out to various well known people. She is very popular in England, an institution almost.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 22, 2017 / 11:31 pm

I wondered. She probably did a lot of TV back home. That’s what a lot of our stars do as they get older and they don’t dance and sing so well. TV.

3. gunnardeckare February 22, 2017 / 12:23 pm

Downtown was the very first song I recorded on my new tape recorder (one of those really old ones)

4. swo8 February 22, 2017 / 1:24 pm

Full of atmosphere and ambiance, Marilyn, great photos.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 22, 2017 / 11:32 pm

I love music and nights and the city. I don’t get into town much anymore, but maybe when the weather brightens up, Garry and I will go a shooting πŸ™‚

• swo8 February 23, 2017 / 10:45 am

You remind me of the song that Peter likes to play on the piano – I Don’t Get Around Much Any More. I think we’re all feeling some “cabin fever”.

5. omniclassic February 22, 2017 / 4:57 pm

Nice night photos.., but hard to cut down the flare of the streetlights without printing too dark… πŸ™‚

• Marilyn Armstrong February 22, 2017 / 4:59 pm

I don’t mind the flare of the lights. It’s part of the charm of shooting at night.

6. DailyMusings February 22, 2017 / 7:36 pm

love your night captures- they are filled with so much dimension Marilyn. Downtown was my all time favorite as a kid- it played endlessly on my turntable!!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 22, 2017 / 7:46 pm

I love shooting downtown. If it weren’t so far away, I would do it much more often. As it is, we go there rarely and these days, even more rarely. I don’t even know when or if I’ll be back there again. maybe when I go for my next cardio check up. I think that’s the only reason i go into town anymore. Pity. I really do love Boston.