ONLY A PAPER MOON

We all have songs that remind us of periods and events in our lives. Twenty years from now, which song will remind me of 2017? Maybe this, because it is, after all, only a paper moon … out there, in the dark, blue sky.

It’s Only A Paper Moon

Without your love
It’s a melody played in a penny arcade

It’s a Barnum and Bailey world
Just as phony as it can be
But it wouldn’t be make-believe
If you believed in me

It’s phony it’s plain to see
How happy I would be
If you believed in me.

Songwriters
KAMMERMEIER, ARNO / HAYO, PETER / MERZIGER, WALTER

Published by
Lyrics Β© Universal Music Publishing Group, EMI Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., S.A. MUSIC, NEXT DECADE ENTERTAINMENT,INC.

10 thoughts on “ONLY A PAPER MOON

1. DailyMusings February 24, 2017 / 7:13 am

what wonderful moons. I am still practicing how to capture them!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 24, 2017 / 10:47 am

Long lens, try not to move πŸ™‚ What’s weird is that it’s always the same. Because we only see the lumpy side on earth. I know until i got my first shot, I was waiting for “the moment.” It turns out, long lens. Focus on moon. Press shutter. I can’t do this here because of the trees, but anywhere else — parking lot? Middle of road? No problem.

• Garry Armstrong February 24, 2017 / 12:34 pm

Wonderful moons!!

The lyrics of one of my favorite songs are so perfect all these years later.

It IS a Barnum and Bailey World!

2. swo8 February 24, 2017 / 1:11 pm

Those are some sensational shots of the moon. Ella is one of my favourite singers.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 24, 2017 / 1:17 pm

Ella is everyone’s favorite singer, I think πŸ™‚ I had a 45 RPM of her singing “A Tisket, A Tasket” when I was a little kid and after that? I loved everything πŸ™‚

The moon is really easy. All you need is a camera with a long lens. Point. Shoot. My problem is that there’s no place to shoot around here. Too many trees.

• swo8 February 24, 2017 / 1:36 pm

You got some lovely ones there.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 24, 2017 / 3:41 pm

I’m telling you, they are really easy. But you need a camera with a pretty long lens. The rest? I remember when Garry got his first “moon shot” and he stared at his camera.

“That’s it?” he asked.

“Yup. That’s it.”

• swo8 February 24, 2017 / 3:48 pm

You make it sound so easy.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 24, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Thanks πŸ™‚ I needed something soothing … and there’s nothing more soothing than Ella ❀