UP, UP AND AWAY!

Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Looking Up at Things

180-up-image-01

Up up and away! That’s what Superman always said before he leapt into the air and flew into the blue. I do not have a current picture of Supe. I really wish I did. We shall have to settle for other things.

180-trees-sun-canal-ma-230217_005

Living where we do, we have pretty much no air traffic. There are no airports without 50 miles of this town.

72-MAR-Superstition-Peaks-New-011316_376

If you see a plane going overhead, you have to figure it’s probably a military aircraft moving from one base to another … or one of the funny planes that go up dragging a special flag that says “DARLING, PLEASE MARRY ME!”

180-abstrct-canal-ma-230217_016

I always wonder how many women see that and run screaming. Just saying.

cee's fun foto chall

15 thoughts on “UP, UP AND AWAY!

1. evelyneholingue February 28, 2017 / 5:37 pm

Oh your first pic is quite something. Is it a building in Boston? I’ve seen once a plane dragging a banner asking Julie to marry Paul (I made up the names since I don’t remember them ) and I thought that I would have hated that. But the first time I took my kids to the top of the Eiffel Tower they asked me if their dad proposed there. They were highly disappointed when I said no.

• Marilyn Armstrong February 28, 2017 / 8:46 pm

It’s the air shaft in a hospital in Milford. it’s not a very interesting building otherwise, but that part of it is.

I think little kids have very romantic attitudes towards marriage. We get a little older and we want privacy. Flags in the sky are for 14-year-olds 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong February 28, 2017 / 8:46 pm

Thanks! Up is easy around here, as long as what you want to see is a tree or clouds or a bird. We don’t have much else 🙂

2. Cee Neuner February 28, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Oh Marilyn I absolutely adore your first photo looking up. Wonderful entry this week. 😀

• Marilyn Armstrong February 28, 2017 / 8:47 pm

Thanks Cee 🙂 I was back at that hospital last week and thought I’d give the air shaft a new try.

3. slmret February 28, 2017 / 9:43 pm

Love these — particularly the third one!

• Marilyn Armstrong February 28, 2017 / 10:40 pm

Yeah, those mountains 🙂 I do love mountains. We only have hills here, though we have some pretty big ones. But if you want REAL mountains, you gotta go out west.

• slmret February 28, 2017 / 10:53 pm

~ ~ ~ where our shortest mountains are taller than your tall ones! 🙂

4. evilsquirrel13 February 28, 2017 / 9:57 pm

I have a major airport and an Air Force Base within 20 miles of me, so planes, jets, copters etc. are all pretty common sights. And of course now those annoying drones everyone is flying… and I’m not just talking about the ones that spy on us. Everything is flying around here except for the cars….

• Marilyn Armstrong February 28, 2017 / 10:39 pm

Yeah, people fly those drones everywhere here, too. Everyone is all excited about the pictures you can take using them. Of course, with all our trees, there are a LOT of dead drones, slowly croaking in trees, but hey, what’s a drone for anyhow?

Garry loves drones. No, he doesn’t really WANT a drone, but for some reason, he thinks they are HILARIOUS. I am not sure why. He just does.

5. angloswiss March 1, 2017 / 1:10 am

Everyone has a mountain somewhere you just have to find it and you found a very good one.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 1, 2017 / 1:26 am

Thank you. Sadly, it’s about 2,500 miles away. Locally, hills. Pretty hills, but no serious mountains.