HANDS – A PHOTO CHALLENGE A WEEK

A Photo a Week Challenge: Hands

18 thoughts on “HANDS – A PHOTO CHALLENGE A WEEK

1. DailyMusings March 12, 2017 / 10:22 am

hands flying on the keyboard to gently holding that poor stuffed animal- love all these different posing hands

• Marilyn Armstrong March 12, 2017 / 11:45 am

Thanks. I even shot MINE in the mix, but Garry’s hands are much more interesting πŸ™‚ My son’s are just very strong.

• Garry Armstrong March 12, 2017 / 12:59 pm

No more closeups of my hands, please. I’ll call my hands double.

2. swo8 March 12, 2017 / 3:22 pm

Hands are a great subject. They are great to paint, – love them.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 12, 2017 / 6:58 pm

Hands are difficult. I can draw a bit, but hands? Nope. Can’t. That’s how I know I’m a rank amateur.

• swo8 March 12, 2017 / 7:28 pm

My mother painted a conductors hands complete with the baton. It was a nice composition. I have no idea what happened to it.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 12, 2017 / 9:32 pm

That’s too bad. i don’t know what happened to most of my mother’s pictures either. I have a couple, but the rest? Maybe my brother had some, but he died. And my father died. So i have no idea.

• swo8 March 12, 2017 / 10:03 pm

My mother had some of my paintings too and I have no idea what happened to them. These things happen.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 12, 2017 / 11:11 pm

Funny about that. There was a time when i did a lot of painting. I sold everything and I still don’t know why. Later, i wanted some of it back, but I never got anything. I always wonder what happened to the stuff. After that, I discovered photography and I never went back to painting.

• swo8 March 13, 2017 / 11:58 am

I think there is a similarity to painting in photography.

3. nancy merrill March 12, 2017 / 6:30 pm

Such a wonderful array of stories! Thanks for joining the challenge!

4. evilsquirrel13 March 12, 2017 / 10:29 pm

The photo of Garry holding the chewed up squirrel is truly heart wrenching. It needs to be nominated for a Pulitzer or an Oscar or something. It’d be a cinch to win if Price Waterhouse tabulates the votes….

• Marilyn Armstrong March 12, 2017 / 11:01 pm

Yes, Garry was deeply sorrowful. Deeply. I thought it was Oscar-worthy. He has 3 Emmys, so maybe now FINALLY he gets his Oscar. He’s always wanted one!

5. lwbut March 12, 2017 / 11:42 pm

I’ve got to HAND it to you!… When it comes to photography you are really HANDS on!
    Thank you very much – i’m here all week! πŸ™‚

love

• Marilyn Armstrong March 12, 2017 / 11:48 pm

Thank you πŸ™‚ I’ve been taking pictures since I was a kid. I got more serious about it after I retired and had more time to do. So thanks again!

6. Leslie at Out The Box Thinkers April 3, 2017 / 7:25 pm

Such a cool challenge. Hands can tell stories…. When older, the texture of the hand brings character. Pretty deep!! Keep up the good work