ODDBALLS!

Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: March 12, 2017

It’s cold outside. I shot inside. Too cold for me out there!

Old brass dog and headphones
Little pottery dogs on a shelf
Two little wooden birds
Twisting Philodendron

20 thoughts on “ODDBALLS!

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 12:35 am

The front one was a gift from Garry’s brother and yes, it’s a toucan. I don’t remember where he brought it from. Somewhere in South America. Garry’s brother is a conductor and he picks things up all over the world. The blue one is an antique … not a very old one. From the late 1800s or maybe 1900. It’s a blue chicken. For reasons no one has yet explained to me, chickens are a thing in China. They are used for decoration on many things. On plates and pictures. Maybe the people find them humorous.

• Covert Novelist March 13, 2017 / 2:50 am

I’ve heard that before and memory fails me as to why. Loved them thiugh

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 11:56 am

If you ever find out why chickens are funny in China, I would love to know 🙂

1. angloswiss March 13, 2017 / 2:07 am

Lovely collection of doggie ornaments. We are very influenced by our pets. Everyone gives me cat ornaments. I love the colorful toucan.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 11:58 am

I didn’t even know it was a collection until I realized I had quite a lot of them. Some are bronze, the rest are pottery. A few are old, most are pretty new. They are dogs I’ve owned, dogs I wish I’d owned and a couple are just cute 🙂

2. lwbut March 13, 2017 / 2:42 am

Love the ‘ headphone stand’ … and the focal length on the dog statuettes. 🙂

love.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 11:58 am

We had two headphones and only one fits on the charging stand, so the dog became a charging stand. He being bronze doesn’t seem to mind 🙂 I used a macro lens, so the focal length is VERY short.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 11:59 am

They are cuties. When i got rid of a lot of stuff, I had to keep the little dogs.

3. dancingpalmtrees March 13, 2017 / 9:55 am

Love the miniature puppies. At least one of them looks like the dogs you have now. Cute & adorable!

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 11:59 am

Yes, there’s a Scottie there and the shaggy one … we had two of them for years until they got old and passed. That’s my memory of them.

4. athling2001 March 13, 2017 / 10:30 am

Love the little line of dogs. I have a collection of china/resin dogs and cats.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Cats and dogs. I actually have a few cats and some birds, too. When we travel, I don’t buy a lot of souvenir stuff, but these little things … well … you have to bring SOMETHING home, right?

5. Cee Neuner March 13, 2017 / 12:06 pm

Terrific side odd balls. I simply adore your photos this week.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 12:08 pm

I decided to see life through the macro lens 🙂 We’re supposed to get a ridiculous amount of snow tonight and it’s COLD out there, too. I had so hoped the weather would warm up and it would be rain. But. So it goes. Thanks so much for liking them 🙂

6. swo8 March 13, 2017 / 12:11 pm

I’ve never seen a take off on dogs before in pottery. A great choice for odd-balls Marilyn.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 13, 2017 / 12:13 pm

The pottery ones get broken a lot, so you mostly see the metal ones. They last forever. But these are available and the newer ones are very accurate, too.

• swo8 March 13, 2017 / 12:17 pm

We have a metal Dachshund dog outside the front door for scraping the mud off your shoes. But those little one are so cute.