ODDBALLS FOREVER!

Cee’s Odd Ball Photo Challenge: March 19, 2017

These musicians have been playing together for a thousand years. Even by modern standards, that’s a long run.
Aloe? Aloe? Anyone ohm?
Dinner, anyone?
Care bear?
A little bit of silk …

20 thoughts on “ODDBALLS FOREVER!

• Marilyn Armstrong March 19, 2017 / 2:19 pm

I think he is really a remake of the original Teddy Bear, a 100-year redo … but he always LOOKS like a caring bear to me 🙂 Thanks!

1. swo8 March 19, 2017 / 1:50 pm

Great combination of Oddball pictures. Those ancient musicians are something to ponder.

• swo8 March 19, 2017 / 5:56 pm

It would be quite different to now.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 19, 2017 / 7:57 pm

That’s one of those things we assume, but don’t really know. It could be. And then again, It’s China, so maybe not so much. i wish there was a way of knowing.

• swo8 March 19, 2017 / 8:06 pm

When we were in Beijing we visited the Forbidden City, which was of course, the royal residence. While wandering around they had a stage with musical instruments and a group of musicians came out and started to play. It was very interesting because it was so different.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 19, 2017 / 8:17 pm

They do a lot of things in China the same way they have (apparently) done them for a very long time. I wouldn’t be surprised to discover that traditional music is relatively unchanged. Relatively.

I would LOVE to visit the Forbidden City.

• swo8 March 20, 2017 / 11:34 am

Marilyn, it was something else. I’m doing a song about it.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 19, 2017 / 2:25 pm

Thanks. Hasn’t been a good month for getting outside, so it’s good i have some interesting stuff inside.

2. evilsquirrel13 March 19, 2017 / 10:17 pm

A thousand years of music? I wonder if they have any lost earworms I might like….

• Marilyn Armstrong March 19, 2017 / 11:21 pm

Most people who aren’t Chinese find their traditional music … um … unmusical? I find most asian music a bit … un … well, it’s not me. It’s SOMEONE’s ear-worm, I’m sure. Just not mine.

3. Cee Neuner March 19, 2017 / 10:37 pm

These are great odd balls this week. Thanks so much Marilyn for playing along. 😀