SHARING MY WORLD – SPRING HAS DROPPED BY!

SHARE MY WORLD AS SPRING ARRIVES — OFFICIALLY

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

Some mornings I feel like I’m running a close second to Methuselah. Other morning, I feel better than that, but from a physical point of view, my body has been beaten up pretty badly. On a good day, I can get moving and do some stuff. In a dry, warm climate, I can do a lot more. Unfortunately, this isn’t a dry warm climate, so the weather and I have a relationship. Good days? I’m almost kind of normal-ish.

How old does that feel? Honestly, I have no idea. I had my first spine surgery when I was 19 years old. I’ve had major surgery almost every year for a very long time, so I’m broken, repaired, and replaced. I didn’t feel young when I was young, so I’m not sure if this has any real meaning for me.

But.

BIG but. My mental processes are fine. I buzz along nicely. Aside from memory lapses which my husband says are because I’m trying to take in too much stuff, I’m in better shape than I’ve been for a long time. My brain doesn’t have an age. It’s mature because I’ve been around. And sharp. Because I’ve been around.

So, you’re on your way out and it’s raining. Do you know where your umbrella is or do you frantically search for it all over your apartment/house?

I know where at least three umbrellas are. One is a huge “doorman’s” umbrella, good for at least two or three people.

Do I ever use an umbrella?

I stopped using them when we lived in Boston. Boston streets are wind tunnels. It was always too windy to use them, so while I have them here, there, and elsewhere, they stay where they are. Poor things never come out to play. Sorry old umbrellas.

Do you recharge your energy by going out with friends for a good time or by spending with quiet time alone?

We stay home. We don’t have local friends anyway. We did. They died. We haven’t found new ones. But we are very good together and have a lot of fun. Lots of laughing. Which is good, right?

Name three things you and your spouse, partner or best friend  to have in common.

We — all of us — like movies, television, and books. We are all thinkers, writers. We have stories to tell and we tell them. All of us write, too. And the laughter really does tie us together more than anything else.

We are smart, funny, wordy, and witty. And we all love animals — dogs, cats, anything furry. And oddly, we all live in the country, though all of us used to live in town. I’m sure that means something, too, but I have no idea what.

And yes, we are getting a bit crotchety, but nothing has made us stop thinking. As long as we can think and laugh, we’re okay.

So far, so good.

15 thoughts on “SHARING MY WORLD – SPRING HAS DROPPED BY!

1. wscottling March 21, 2017 / 12:55 am

So far, so good over here too. 🙂 Glad spring found ya. Hope it sticks around.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 21, 2017 / 1:13 am

It’s pretty cold right now, but we’ve got warmer weather waiting. Next week. I can hardly wait!

2. lwbut March 21, 2017 / 1:21 am

Mens sana In corpore sano!

OK – Mens sana it is then! 😉

love.

• lwbut March 21, 2017 / 2:20 am

You never heard that before??
        Latin from Roman times: A healthy Mind in a healthy Body!! In your case just the first bit! 🙂
        The sports shoe ASICS stole it as their name but used Anima S I C S to mean the Breath ( of Life ) sana in corpore sano. We learn something new every day huh? 😉

love.

3. angloswiss March 21, 2017 / 1:52 am

Good photo of you in the wonderful famous red dress. We seem to live parallel lives and we even have fun despite the aches and pains.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 21, 2017 / 2:11 am

I enjoy life. i wish we were richer and healthier, but I’m doing pretty well and as years go, this past one wasn’t bad at all. It could be a lot worse. Garry is alive too. Life is okay. Sometimes much better than OK..

What’s not to like? The dress IS very comfortable. One of those dresses you can sort of live in 🙂

• Garry Armstrong March 21, 2017 / 1:26 pm

I usta look young for a very long time. Then, some tosser found my picture in the attic.

4. draliman March 21, 2017 / 4:15 am

I haven’t used a brolly in years either. They’re either a bit weedy and get blown inside out or they’re really strong and you get blown in front of a bus.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 21, 2017 / 11:47 am

If you live in a city, an umbrella might do what Mary Poppins’ did: take you flying over the city. Which could be a good thing, right?

• Marilyn Armstrong March 21, 2017 / 11:47 am

Thank you, Cee 🙂 I hope you have spring out there. We have about a week and THEN I think we’ll get a better sense of it.

5. swo8 March 21, 2017 / 12:22 pm

It’s suppose to get up to 11’C/50’F today but tomorrow is going to be quite cold. After that who knows what it will be – and then again – they could be wrong.
    Bonnie and Gibbs look like they are quite happy to have each other.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 21, 2017 / 12:34 pm

We are just as happy to have them. They really improve our lives in ever way I can think of, even if they are always messing with our heads.

It was cold here yesterday. Warmer today, but colder tomorrow. Eventually, it’ll work itself into warmer, more of less. Soon, I hope!