GEE AND AITCH! OR IS IT HAITCH?

Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: Letters G or H

Girls
Hairy
Horses
Heron
Gate

22 thoughts on “GEE AND AITCH! OR IS IT HAITCH?

1. angloswiss March 23, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Good selection. The horses have certainly had their moments this week, love the synchonised eating system. I love that heron, wish we had them here.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 23, 2017 / 3:58 pm

That’s one that lives only on ocean. We get the great big herons, much like your cranes, but the little herons are saltwater birds. That one just stood there waiting for me to shoot. Just when I thought I was done, he turned around and gave me his OTHER side. Very helpful model, that one πŸ˜€

2. Cee Neuner March 23, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Fabulous photos Marilyn. I like the Heron and old Wooden gate. πŸ˜€

• Marilyn Armstrong March 23, 2017 / 5:18 pm

Thanks. That heron really wanted to be photographed. He practically wore a bikini for me πŸ˜€

3. loisajay March 23, 2017 / 7:20 pm

Is that Hairy Gibbs? Trying to give you double points, Marilyn! πŸ™‚

4. swo8 March 23, 2017 / 7:58 pm

I was wondering about that Heron. They are quite different from ours. Lovely photos. Spring is in the air.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 23, 2017 / 8:29 pm

This is a juvenile Black (or maybe yellow)-crowned Night-Heron. ONLY along the ocean or very near. Both of us are too far inland to see these normally. We met this guy on the water in Connecticut. They live along the southern end of your ocean, too, so look around if you go to the beach. This one is a juvenile, which i why i can’t tell which one he is. The full coloring isn’t available until they are mature.

• swo8 March 23, 2017 / 9:20 pm

Still a lovely photo. πŸ™‚

5. lwbut March 24, 2017 / 3:55 am

I’m with Ajay! – saw the ears, the eyebrows and the fur scrolling down and thought – “Gibbs”

and then you went an’ ‘it me with an ‘airy. Downright sneaky that! πŸ˜‰

love

• Marilyn Armstrong March 24, 2017 / 11:36 am

Well, he IS hairy. Not as hairy as some dogs I’ve had, but pretty hairy. And grubby, as is appropriate to a terrier. Right. ‘Airy, Harry.

6. Carol Carlisle March 24, 2017 / 10:02 am

You double dipped with the house and gate as well.
    Here one the left coast I have a photo of a night heron on a power line next to a KFC bucket
    The photo of the horses kept my attention the longest. It’s a piece of fine art.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 24, 2017 / 11:23 am

But, in fairness to me, I only captioned the Gate, right? Love my horses! They were all Percheron and HUGE. Like ten ton truck huge. Gentle giants. Maybe I can use them for Tee as in Ten Ton Trucks?

I’m afraid your KFC bucket will have wait for next week. Art can be painful!

• Carol Carlisle March 24, 2017 / 1:39 pm

K oh yes that is a hard letter. And is could spell it knight heron. πŸ˜‰
        Lovely horse tale. I have never heard of that breed.

• Marilyn Armstrong March 24, 2017 / 2:55 pm

They are best known as “circus horses.” They were commonly used for circuses because they have broad backs and a flat motion. But they were originally horses for knights in armor, as were ALL the really hugs horses.

7. nivs24 March 24, 2017 / 2:12 pm

I thought of running with girls and hairy too! And then switched to something else πŸ™‚ Nice pics.